Datsun 620 Questions !!!!

sicAsic

1. i'm looking for an air ride outfit in the bay area?

2. my truck's front bumper has one piece solid bumper no splices?

3. i would like to convert my 4 speed manual transmission to 5 speed?

4. need a decent tailgate

this is my very first posting on this site. i really appreciate your suggestions and comments. bought my 72 truck from my neighbor 2 years with original mileage of 94,000. it's in excellent shape, it's coming out of the body shop tomorrow primered and will return for final painting once mechanical installs are complete. thanks again...Giles

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. i'm looking for an air ride outfit in the bay area?

2. my truck's front bumper has one piece solid bumper no splices?

3. i would like to convert my 4 speed manual transmission to 5 speed?

4. need a decent tailgate

this is my very first posting on this site. i really appreciate your suggestions and comments. bought my 72 truck from my neighbor 2 years with original mileage of 94,000. it's in excellent shape, it's coming out of the body shop tomorrow primered and will return for final painting once mechanical installs are complete. thanks again...Giles

2/ The front bumper is made of three pieces welded together, you can see two seams one on each side below the headlights, but yes one piece.

3/ Easiest way would be to get the complete two piece drive shaft, tranny cross member and the tunnel floor plate that the shifter pokes up through, from any '74 and on regular cab short wheelbase 620. For a 5 spd, any '77-'79 620, '80 720 2wd, '77-'79 280z/zx, or '81-'84 Maxima will do. The '80-'83 280zx non turbo tranny has a very tall overdrive ratio and may be too tall for your L16 truck.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you very much for your immediate reponsed mr. datzenmike.

is there anyone out there who has the same feature on their front bumper...no seams?

question #5: i would to convert my single carburetor to dual...what would be a good set with low maintenance and where can i purchase the manifold and carburetors.

thanks again...

giles

Just my opinion. Dual carbs that are low maintenance do not exist. Another issue is that it is really easy to put too much carburettor on the stock engine, and that really hurts the driveability.

One thing that does help is to open up the exhaust, and you do not need headers. The stock exhaust manifold is a very good design, and opening up the exhaust system after that helps a lot.

Just do not put a "fart cannon" on it like you see on every lowered Honda.