Any Zippo Collectors?

I've been using this zippo for a few years now. I found it in a box that my great grandmother had that was filled with matchbooks from the 60's from all different hotels in Iowa (she lived there), Vegas, California, New York, ect. I think the zippo belonged to my grandfather but I'm not too sure. He was in the Navy as an electrician on a battle ship in WWII so that what I'm thinking the shield was about but its been scratched off and I have no idea what its supposed to look like. There was a little bit of blue and white in the badge that has since come off but that's all I can tell you. On the bottom the pat # is 2517191 which puts it in the 1951 to 1957 area and its chrome so that narrows it down to late 1953 to 1957.

100_1244.jpg

100_1245.jpg

100_1246.jpg

I'm just trying to gather a little more info on it to see where it actually came from. Although for it being at least 53 years old, it still works great.

Bart

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using this zippo for a few years now. I found it in a box that my great grandmother had that was filled with matchbooks from the 60's from all different hotels in Iowa (she lived there), Vegas, California, New York, ect. I think the zippo belonged to my grandfather but I'm not too sure. He was in the Navy as an electrician on a battle ship in WWII so that what I'm thinking the shield was about but its been scratched off and I have no idea what its supposed to look like. There was a little bit of blue and white in the badge that has since come off but that's all I can tell you. On the bottom the pat # is 2517191 which puts it in the 1951 to 1957 area and its chrome so that narrows it down to late 1953 to 1957.

100_1244.jpg

100_1245.jpg

100_1246.jpg

I'm just trying to gather a little more info on it to see where it actually came from. Although for it being at least 53 years old, it still works great.

Bart

Can you find out what ship or squadron you Grandad served on or with?

I used to have a Zippo that was on onboard a B-58 Hustler when is set some speed records back in the early 60's! But, some piece of human waste stole it!

Get some info and I might be able to find the crest for you.