Anybody around here from Oklahoma

chavezYchavez

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I am near OK City.

I am looking for such a yard myself. As you probably know, about 5 or 6 years ago the local EPA office went around to the salvage yards with a list of regulations they intended to begin enforcing. A lot of the smaller yards that dealt with older cars and trucks just folded and closed rather than go broke trying to comply. Another unintended result of high-minded legislation. By trying to clean up the environment, the EPA has radically reduced the number of operating salvage yards. That means fewer recycled parts and a net increase in pollution as new parts (or even whole new cars) must be manufactured to make up the difference. Sad.

Pull-A-Part in OKC had a 520 a couple of weeks ago, but it was pretty well picked over when I saw it. I did get a couple of headlamp rings off it before they crushed it. They keep the older cars in the far northwest corner of the lot.

There are usually a couple of 720 pickups in the "Import" section in the Northeast section of the yard.

I have yet to see a 620 or a 521.

Man, if there is nothing in the Chickasha area, I'm not sure we'll find anything in this area.

Yes. I am near OK City. I just got transferred here.

I am looking for such a yard myself. As you probably know, about 5 or 6 years ago the local EPA office went around to the salvage yards with a list of regulations they intended to begin enforcing. A lot of the smaller yards that dealt with older cars and trucks just folded and closed rather than go broke trying to comply. Another unintended result of high-minded legislation. By trying to clean up the environment, the EPA has radically reduced the number of operating salvage yards. That means fewer recycled parts and a net increase in pollution as new parts (or even whole new cars) must be manufactured to make up the difference. Sad.

Pull-A-Part in OKC had a 520 a couple of weeks ago, but it was pretty well picked over when I saw it. I did get a couple of headlamp rings off it before they crushed it. They keep the older cars in the far northwest corner of the lot.

There are usually a couple of 720 pickups in the "Import" section in the Northeast section of the yard.

I have yet to see a 620 or a 521.

Man, if there is nothing in the Chickasha area, I'm not sure we'll find anything in this area.

from Tulsa, living in Wichita.

scrap yards around here are emptying out lots for actual scrap. There are a TON (well many tons actually) of Hondas and Fords, old Nissan's are hard to come by...

from Tulsa, living in Wichita.

scrap yards around here are emptying out lots for actual scrap. There are a TON (well many tons actually) of Hondas and Fords, old Nissan's are hard to come by...

Yes,

I think when scrap metal got so high the last 2 yrs salvage yards where working overtime crushing the old stuff. Pickings are slim to nothing down in southern OK

• 5 months later...

Welcome in advance to oklahoma. I've got a couple of good friends that live in Altus. I live in Lawton about 45mins away. Maybe catch around over there. Don't know if your in the air force but my friends both work on the base.

Welcome in advance to oklahoma. I've got a couple of good friends that live in Altus. I live in Lawton about 45mins away. Maybe catch around over there. Don't know if your in the air force but my friends both work on the base.

Yep... I'll be working on the base