American Racing Wheels

djmoreron

found these on craigslist. will these wheels fit my 620? ive been looking for a set like these for some time. my main concern is if they will fit when i upgrade to disc brakes? i have no clue what to look for when it comes to wheels and offsets and clearance and all that stuff. still trying to make sense of it.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/465839294.html

0115050102020116042007110102fea924febb224e0d00bcde.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure if they fit but i had them on my 92 toyota p/u 2wd.

i tried to unload them on toyota sites a few weeks ago w/o luck.

they are on there way to s. am w/ the rest of the beat-to-death truck :poop:

they coulda been yours in exchange for some beer and anything that i coulda rolled the p/u on. :blink: sorry

By the way, what's up with the mag wheels on the Datsun trucks? It seems like 90% of the mag wheels are the slotted ones... They look exactly like the American Racing Ansen Sprint wheels... Was this an option back in the day, or are these wheels just a cheap and suitable option for these trucks? And are they AR wheels, or did some other company make them?

They were pretty much the only aftermarket option at the time. You see alot of slotted magnesium wheels on trucks and cars from this period, especially imports. But no, I dont think they were ever a factory option. Another thing you see alot are the 4spoke mags that people still like for the 510's and such, I forgot what those are called :(.

Bah, Ronal Turbos... I would kill for a set of six bolt Ronals for my truck... have to be some of the sexiest wheels alive... then again, I was into Euro tuners before I went with the Dat, not that it's much of a stretch...

Or the classic BBS mesh wheels... There's someone on the forum that has a sexy, sexy wheel as their avatar... Polished four bolt with the diamonds (ish) as the spokes... you probably know what I mean...

But, there are many, many sexy wheels for trucks... I like the American Racing Vector SEs...

Ronal Turbo:

ronaldesignr105shx.jpg

BBS mesh (not sure of the actual name):

bbs-mesh1.jpg

American Racing Vector SE:

3158.jpg