taking the turbo 510 wagon to the dyno tomorrow! haha

LeX

I'm hoping to make 300whp that would be fun.

Also from looking at some dyno charts i'm going to say to only rev up to 7200rpm as after that it's pointless and don't want to float the valves even a little.

setup is here:

S13 sr20det redtop, completely stock motor, except it seems to have a newer head on it (think it's a replacement and not performance, haven't looked at it though) stock HG, studs, cams, etc

ECU has been tuned

550cc injectors

FMIC

MSD high flow pump

Z32 MAFS

3" turboback

FP 20g turbocharger (flows a little more than GT2871) running 1 bar boost

megan exhaust manifold

stock intake manifold

hoping for 300whp! wish me luck :lol:

2z5vgaw.jpg

Edited by LeX
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yeah man, i didn't know it was done. What dyno are you going too? i'd love to see it up there. if your going to mainstream that pretty close to home for me. Anyway best of luck, i can't imigine what 300 hp would feel like in a Datsun.

batlground dyno day tomorrow!

Hey Lex, I'm not sure if you've considered putting a heat shield between your turbo and your Brake Master Cylinder, but it doesn't look like you have one. Probably wouldn't be a bad investment, IMO.

Good luck on the dyno. :thumbup:

Heat shield and some racing blue brake fluid. I did that to my z and yes it helped.

oh yeah definitely to the heat shield idea... the downpipe has a lot of wrap on it and the fluid only reaches ambient temperature even after driving hard for a good long time. Definitely would be a smart investment though

Thanks guys!

and johnbureezu, i find it funny both of us have toyota wagons too LOL , I have a Te38

here is the video, thanks to Tyler for this!

his caption is almost correct, best run car made 285rwhp and 240rwtq

this is its first time ever on the dyno and still lots of kinks to work out! I wanted 300 but 285 is damn close for a first ever time on the rollers!

thats some ratsun dyno right there!!!! "Hey we're not quite secure could you and your buddies hop in the back?" love it great results man!

haha the dyno was secure.. its just the car lost traction as no weight over the rear. After me a 3rd gen supra was on there and they had to put 3 guys in the back (made about 430whp)

Thanks guys!

and johnbureezu, i find it funny both of us have toyota wagons too LOL , I have a Te38

Ha that's a funny coincedence! Just noticed that when you brought that up. The dyno run sounded sweet! Is that straight piped? The only way to do it if it is.

Dman I need to get mine back on the road...the rolling road. lol

Ha that's a funny coincedence! Just noticed that when you brought that up. The dyno run sounded sweet! Is that straight piped? The only way to do it if it is.

Dman I need to get mine back on the road...the rolling road. lol

straight pipe with an 18" resonator as a muffler. It sounds a decent bit better than without the resonator on it.

i have a downpipe leak at the flange which I need to deal with sometime.. not sure if that robs TQ or really doesn't do much at all... Also going to replace some really crappy intercooler piping that's on there, and prob up the boost to 18lbs once i change out couplers and get a proper downpipe gasket.. then go for 320!

Do you have a 4 bar fuel pressure tune on the car? With over 300 rwh and 3 bar fuel pressure a set of 4 550cc injectors is close to going static. Very impressive #'s

I'm not too into all the technical stuff but from what i've looked at , at 320whp injectors should be at around 80% duty cycle and im looking to max out at about that, so hopefully i'd be good. I'm not wanting to ever exceed 320 there isn't any point,

i just want to replace all the restrictive parts of my system, fix any leaks, up the boost to a max of 18lb and stay with whatever that puts out! don't want to invest more into the motor haha

i think 300 is definately within your grasp. good luck

for sure! one piece of my temporary FMIC piping had an inner diameter of 1.875 O_o . I know going to a 2.25ID pipe will instantly free up a bunch of hp and tq