new android phone

izzo

anyone else use an android phone? they seem to be pretty kick ass. ill have this in just a couple hours. Its the HTC Droid Eris. I am going from a Motorola L9 on t mobile to this. My old Motorola does OK, battery lasts a while. still works great, but it has the proprietary software on there. Basically useless. Shitty web browsing, poor quality pictures, really slow going from menu to menu. They were known for that. The L9 also was not sold in the US for tmobile, it was sold in other countries. So instead of symbols below the numbers mine has chinese writing :lol: I will have much better coverage, internet where ever i go. Plus a TON of free applications. Really interested in all of the google apps, including maps, gps, my tracks, voice, etc... And yes, that picture is fucking huge. It was the first one i found when i searched for a pic of it.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=2444

droid-eris.jpg

[video=youtube;Ww5-nJ2yZeY]

Edited by h2theizzo
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SWEET!

cant wait to get it in my hands :D i was going to get the motorola brand but they didn't have a deal going on it right now with vzw. so opted for this one, almost identical really. I just looked at my tmobile phone and it says Unregistered sim so the # transfer is complete, just waiting on the delivery of the phone :D

i compared the htc to the motorola, features vs features, specs vs specs. damn near identical. the htc doesnt have the hard keyboard but o well dont need it really. just got it, its finishing the update now. ill be playing with this for probably a few weeks :lol:

the droid is a pretty rad phone. Im on ATT and have a iphone so Im set on a phone, but if the iPhone isn't for you the droid is definitely a ready contender. The only things I have against em thus far from playing with one is the little hicups with their touch interface, and the low frame rate during transitions and in OS animations. OH! and that you're limited to an internal 256mb chip unless you buy a SD card, which are cheap. I just prefer less moveable lose-able parts. which is a tiny detail. but Id prefer to install applications and all that on one memory card. Rather than try and cary around multiple SD cards for music. The media player on it is not so hot either. Basically all things that OS updates can fix.