WTB: L16 exhaust manifold

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the L20 mainolfd usaully have a good size O ring type outlet. But just a lame design. Being most 4x4 are low rpm vehicles I dont know if it will make that much difference.

I like the L16 manifolds but the Y pipe is a little on the small side. But the L16 manifolds are Ezer to take on/off and cleaner set up.

Most 4x4 are low RPM vehicles, although it never hurts to clean the mud out of the tires... plus all those extra parts to turn draws away too much power for me @ freeway speeds.. not that the L20 has an abundance of power compared to larger displacement engines( ie: I can drive my small block Chevy up hills with a wiggle of the toe, and I know that's apples to grapefruit).. have to keep getting into secondaries all the time, and I figure that a better breathing engine won't have to work as hard to make the power ( sounds like it's restricted now). I'm Just a motor head looking for improvements.....

BTW: I have a stock L20b W/u67 head and a Weber 32/36 for a single-points setup...I know the point's have to go also..already trying to find a solution for that problem

BTW: I have a stock L20b W/u67 head and a Weber 32/36 for a single-points setup...I know the point's have to go also..already trying to find a solution for that problem

You may not be able to swap the L16 exhaust on without changing to a '78 or newer L20B intake.

Early L20B trucks used an intake/exhaust set up that was bolted together and used hot exhaust to warm the underside of the intake. Can't run one with out the other. Here's a picture of the set up. So check yours.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/L%20Z%20Heads%20and%20Motors/620headU-67Large.jpg[/img]"]620headU-67Large.jpg

You may not be able to swap the L16 exhaust on without changing to a '78 or newer L20B intake.

Early L20B trucks used an intake/exhaust set up that was bolted together and used hot exhaust to warm the underside of the intake. Can't run one with out the other. Here's a picture of the set up. So check yours.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/L%20Z%20Heads%20and%20Motors/620headU-67Large.jpg[/img]"]620headU-67Large.jpg

yep, that's mine..if so then so be it... No wonder the carb has a heat shield and a phenolic spacer...as for the intake, I have a spare engine here out of '79 i think, might be an '80... that intake will work if I can find a L16 exhaust manifold

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for an L16 exhaust manifold !!!! (probably not the only one)

If you have one you could spare, let me know the price.....

My 4x4 could use all the help it can get...:eek::thumbsup:

I hear that the L18 exhaust is also square port and will work in my situation too, so still looking for either a L16 OR L18 Exhaust manifold with downpipe.. need both pieces though..

the one i have is still sitting here come get it its yours

Iam in longview Wa.

sounds like the right price, a little to far to just come and pick up..I don't make it down there very often.. any one a little closer than a half a day trip?

• 8 months later...

I have one and in Covington Wa PM me if you want it.

Hows 30$ with Y pipe.

I think pperts wanted this but never hear back from people (most cses so I guess they dont need it.

I work alot so call way in advance if need to a time to get this

PM sent

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.