The max weight i can put in a 620 without killing it?

Slixon

I'm driving from Marysville WA to Sacramento CA and am loading my tool box and the rest of my crap. I wanna know what the max weight my truck can hold. It's a 78 kingcab and has stock suspension, not lowered...yet. I am gonna lower it when i get to CA. Any help would be great.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

see that's the thing, I drove from sacramento to AZ in my 75 and blew it up in Needles CA, has anybody been to Needles? It's a town of like 75 people from 9to5 and then 20 after everybody goes home. I was too tired to do the head and lost the truck because i couldn't get back to it in time...long story!

1109 pounds in the bed.

Remember, brakes will be shitty with that amount of weight, so will suspension.

Make sure to air the rear tires to max pressure (35 psi probably) and possibly to 40 if the drive will be cold and they're really pooching the sidewalls. No more than 40 for standard radials, and check the temperature 5-10 minutes after you get going. Just pull over on the side and feel. If hot, that's bad.

I thought the 620 trucks are rated at a half ton, but you could probly throw some more in there. all depends on the condition of your vehicle, you know it better than any of us.

My 80 is a bucket of shit, and it still does its job. Ive loaded a bunch of shit in it and hauled it off to the dump, one truck load i had two full size couches, a bed, bbq, and a couple big crates full of metal. it shat and gat like nothin :D

Tools can be heavy tho, id be careful if its one of those giant matco/snapon boxes or w/e that cost $4-8k

yeah the shitty part about the whole Needles thing was i did an inspection and bought a spare before hitting that "road to nowhere" to cut down to I-10. Everything checked out truck was running fine then about 20 miles down #4 cylinder was filled with water and i was at 3000 degrees...limped it back to needles and got my friend to pick me up with his S10. Bad part is he had a roll pan and no hitch so i left it. No time to do a head gasket with my 3yo son there...

I rode my motorcycle from San Diego to Las Vegas through Barstow earlier this year... in August. I hit Barstow right about 3pm, I thought I was going to die from the heat. I don't know how anyone lives in the desert like that, but I guess you just get used to it. It sure put a hurt on me, tho. That greek joint, it looked like heaven to me! About 10 glasses of ice water and a milk shake got me going again.

I rode my motorcycle from San Diego to Las Vegas through Barstow earlier this year... in August. I hit Barstow right about 3pm, I thought I was going to die from the heat. I don't know how anyone lives in the desert like that, but I guess you just get used to it. It sure put a hurt on me, tho. That greek joint, it looked like heaven to me! About 10 glasses of ice water and a milk shake got me going again.

I have lived in phoenix az for 4 years and I will never be use to it :fu: :lol:

Ahhhhhh,ya bunch of girls.Proper attitude is the key.When i'm sweatin' my ass off for three months out of the year,i just look at it like its "paying dues" for a "shirt-sleeve winter".

ANd the truck is rated for a tad over 1100lbs.

HAHAHAHA:lol:

oh sorry, I moved back to Santa Barbara, shirt-sleeve weather year 'round:fu:

Edited by greybeard

I've lived all over AZ and Mesa was hell, can't live with 100 degrees at 8 at night...southern AZ is cool. But all in all if you can put aside the communist like laws of california there is alot of datsun parts and you never have to wait too long for something to come to the parts store. Weather is awesome and if you like to fish Sacramento is heaven. The 602 area does have a good night life though.

Years ago when we moved out to the country, before we got running water, I hauled water in a 300 gallon plastic tank in the back of a very used '77 KC the 12 miles from town. I wouldn't completely fill it, but would sometimes have close to 250 gallons on board. At 8 pounds to the gallon, you can do the math. Steering was challenging, and the sloshing of the water never allowed me to get above 40mph. They may say 1100lb, but you can push that number a little bit.;)