please help!!!

77 rustrat

wassup everyone i am new to the forum and i just want to say that i love this forum is most definatly chock full of info and pics but i do have a problem. now i am not to computer savy and have trouble finding what i need. now i have a 77 620 that i am building into a bagged mini. my question is performance. i would like to know what i can do to the motor and what parts are available for this motor(L20B). any help would be much appretiated. ie. headers, cam, carbs, 5-speed upgrade(currently has 4-speed and at 85 it is dying for another gear and power lol), pretty much would like some tricks of the trade like what parts interchange and such that might yeild more other than bore and shave the head and such. so please give any advice you might have thanks in advance.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum. Would love to see pics of your truck. As for what you can do for more power there are a ton of posts on here of people building L20 motors, LZ22 strokers, swapping KA's. All kinds of info for you to find when you use the "Search" feature up above in the blu strip:D Just start reading and when you find out which way you want to go there will be plenty of help on here for you. Good luck & oh yah....PICS!!:fu:

Find a good running '81-'82 Z22 from a 720 (or rebuild it) and fit your L20B oil pan, and all the timing gear and cover forward of the block onto it and top off with the L20B head. Use the L20B motor mounts to set it in your '77. You have now built an L22B stroker motor also known as an LZ22 or 'Frankenmotor'. Get a Weber 32/36 carb and L20B intake from a '78 or '79 and the L16 exhaust manifold, they are easily as good as a header. Increasing the engine size by 20% instantly increases the output by about 20% also so maybe 15 RWHP using stock Nissan used parts. If you spring for bigger cam the larger engine will make a larger power increase too over the same L20B. Further gains can be had by un-shrouding the valves and doing some porting and port matching to intake and exhaust. Maybe some larger 280zx valves.