GM gurus needed! Help!

I'm up at the shop and am in a bit of a pickle. There is a wire snapped at the connector for the neutral safety switch on a 02 chevy 1500. I need to get the connector off but Im not really sure how to remove the pins. Anybody have any idea? I know there is a tool that you can buy from GM or Snap On but I need to get this done tonight and the bank account is a little low, maybe i can use a screwdriver or a pic tool?

Bart

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GM-probably a black plastic plug with a blue snap "lock" on the back, should be able to unclip the blue part. Take that off, i have found a small round pick, or electical tester works good, insert into the front of the clip (the part that actually makes the connection) may have to give a good push, and pull lightly from the wire side. When (if) you put back together, make sure the barb is bent back, or the wire can come back out, and that the rubber weather garment is seated back in the connector. Just had the connector to a wiper motor apart today, hope this helps!

Thanks guys. We got it out, the person who worked on it before glued the connector into the socket so the pin was then glued into the connector.... sometimes i don't know what makes people think they can work on cars.

New problem, now that we have the wire fixed the starter wont stop cranking once the battery is hooked back up. Pretty sure its a bad starter. The owner put in a new transmission and he said he arced the starter twice while taking it apart. Oh man... should have just brought it to us in the first place.

Thanks for all the help!