boat carbs on an L series?

I got these from my brother in law. He had a bmw with a 4 banger and got a motor that was set up for a boat. The cam was too radical so he set it up with a stock setup with efi. I was wondering if any one knows the specifics of boat carbs versus car carbs. I could make a manifold for these if we think they would work. Its just a ratsun crafty thing to be different. I already have all of the normal carb setup options (dual,single sidedrafts,dges and dgv) but thought these would be pretty cool since their big and have top mount air cleaners. They are a pair of Solex phn.3 44mm single barrel sidedrafts.

2006_0123Image0052.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like they do have accelerator pumps similar to the solex/mikuni phh except there is no pin to hold contact to the pump arm. Only the spring tension. Also there are no venturis so maybe it wouldnt respond correctly at all throttle positions. But then again maybe it would work. Would it be possible to run turbo through them?

2006_0124Image0071.jpg

2006_0124Image0070.jpg

2006_0124Image0069.jpg

sorry huge pictures.

• 2 weeks later...