620 blinkers?

pepsx12

ok so, the blinkers, gas gauge, and temp gauge all went out on my truck?

i have no idea what it is i checked the fuses and they seem to be fine. Once i drive the truck for about 10 minutes the fuse box gets really really hot, only on the right side of it, by the second fuse?

Im guessing theres false contact going on somewhere back there? How would i be able to get to it, help would be really appreciated, thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

Fuses may not always be good even if they appear to be good. I had something like this happen once in my truck, heading out for a camping trip. Lights went out, then checked the fuses. Filaments all appeared solid, but i changed em anyway. Turns out fuse filaments dont always break in the centers, you know ;) Shitty glass fuses :fu: (I'll be swapping over to a 720 box that uses modern day fuses very soon). Try the easy stuff first. Good luck dude

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Nissan%20Electrical/725-75620fusebox.jpg[/img]"]725-75620fusebox.jpg

The little fingers that hold the fuse ends can get corroded too. This causes resistance just like a stove element and it will get HOT! The heat takes the temper out if the fingers and they don't hold the fuse as well and adds to the problem. The heat also blackens and 'corrodes' the contact area.

Check your grounds and take your fuse box out and soak it in vinegar or lemon juice then replace all your fuses with the proper fuse for the location...

Doing this solved all my electrical issues in my 74 620, before that I thought there was something seriously wrong with it.

Another thing you might want to check is an inline fuse up behind your package tray on the passenger side firewall... I remember when I put a new harness in my KC I didnt have a fuse in the holder and spent a couple hours scratching my head.

The wiring schematic and full FSM are up on this site http://www.olddatsuns.com//

Its in the FAQ section... If you havent checked it out it will answer about 99% of your questions for maintenance/care of a 620