620 with a sr20det in aus

lynchfourtwenty

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Datsun-620-Pickup-Sr20de-t261554.html&mode=threaded&pid=4501700

im so jealous of those guys, they dont have the steering thing on the exhaust side so they have much more clearance!

been really thinkin about gettin a sr for the 620, i havent really spoke much about it cause its kind of a pipe dream.. but lately seein all the other trucks people are doing it to makes me think..

heres another.. thats gettin one

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?p=165879

Edited by lynchfourtwenty
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my main concerns are fitting it in there with the stock manifold / turbo, but lookin at the dgr fab 521 i think it can be done.. then i jus have to modify the trans mount a little and the steering link thing an i should be good to go.. i think i can even use my stock radiator.. until i can get a thinner one.. i think it would take a while to complete, by the time i get the engine an intercooler + piping i'll prolly be broke, then i'll have to get some kind of exhaust on there.. i wanna use my stock exhaust for a little while if possible.. just so the truck can be drivin if needed..

i need to make a list of stuff i'd need to buy an mods that would need done..

yea this is true, but i've been neglecting the truck an i think this maybe a way to respark my interest... altho i do love the good ol L :D theres some stuff i can do to my car, like a new tranny which i kinda need since this ones gettin weak, i would get a shorter final drive tranny so that would really help in the races.. not to mention the less miles.. plus theres a few other things..

i would love to see this done in a 620 on the forum!!!! i know that one guy did it but he hacked up the frame something fierce, the wheel stick out 2 feet fast the fender well!!!! , i want to see this done so that when the hood is closed no one is the wiser, somebody go for it!!!!

well see, i wanna do this reallly bad, but i wont quite have enough money.. i mean sure i can get the engine swap, an maybe an intercooler + piping kit from ebay.. but anything else im going to magicly need i prolly wont be able to offord...

i was thinking last night... if i swap the sr bell housing onto the l series 5spd i have i would prolly be able to get away without needing any trans mount mods, drive shaft mods and i wont have to hack my tranny tunnel.. not to mention i wont have to go find bucket seats to replace the bench i JUST put in.. now that would be temporary.. nothing perminent... that way i could drive the truck if need be until i get get enough funds to offord the stuff i mentioned above ^^

heres some very useful threads..

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=14346&highlight=sr20det

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=1377&highlight=sr20det

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=806&highlight=sr20det

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=13176&highlight=sr20det

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?p=229885#post229885

well the truck is a magical creature from middle earth, like a fucking unicorn.. i let friends borrow her when they have nothin else.. or when they're ride brakes down.. which right now my buddy with the 92 se-r is borrowing cause his axle seals are leakin tranny fluid everywhere.. my truck is a beast.. she loves to be drivin...

which is why im not sure if i wanna modify her.. shes so reliable.. an does whats expected of her, and then some.. but at the same time, me, myself.. have not payed much attention to her in the past year or two... so i think its time for some upgrades / special attention.. i'd like to make her haul ass..

how many people have completed a sr20det swap in a 620?? less then a handfull.. how many people in the USA?? prolly none.. if i could do this, im sure it would benifit alot of ratsuners..

well the truck is a magical creature from middle earth, like a fucking unicorn.. i let friends borrow her when they have nothin else.. or when they're ride brakes down.. which right now my buddy with the 92 se-r is borrowing cause his axle seals are leakin tranny fluid everywhere.. my truck is a beast.. she loves to be drivin...

which is why im not sure if i wanna modify her.. shes so reliable.. an does whats expected of her, and then some.. but at the same time, me, myself.. have not payed much attention to her in the past year or two... so i think its time for some upgrades / special attention.. i'd like to make her haul ass..

how many people have completed a sr20det swap in a 620?? less then a handfull.. how many people in the USA?? prolly none.. if i could do this, im sure it would benifit alot of ratsuners..

true. I bet alot of people benefit from it! Especially me! :D It would definatly be a sleeper! :D :D

I have 2 right hand drive 620's you can have one but you have to come get it, only problem is im in Aus haha

wicka what? Have???? How much does it cost to ship a car?

That was my biggest fear starting my build and not finishing it and be stuck with a half built truck sitting in my driveway.

I had a list of everything I needed to get and do,and checked them off as I bought them or made it.

You will run into problems as you get going,nothing goes smoothly. I ran into afew but nothing too major. There were sometimes I went in my garage a thought what the hell did I do it ran fine,looking at frame rails and my cab sitting in the corner. I work real fast.

well im thinkin on it really hard, i still have a few months to decide.. the most help i will need will be some welding... hopefully someone local is willing to help me there.. 78kingcab says he might be able to help but we'll see :D

yah. hopefully he'll come though and help...

That was my biggest fear starting my build and not finishing it and be stuck with a half built truck sitting in my driveway.

I had a list of everything I needed to get and do,and checked them off as I bought them or made it.

You will run into problems as you get going,nothing goes smoothly. I ran into afew but nothing too major. There were sometimes I went in my garage a thought what the hell did I do it ran fine,looking at frame rails and my cab sitting in the corner. I work real fast.

thats funny but, so true. lol

easiest thing to do if you want to go RHD is to source a steering box and idler arm from aus or japan or somewhere like that. the next issue is dash but building a custom one would not be a problem.

i have about 4 or 5 steering boxes here however freight might be an issue due to their size.

lynch sorry mate i havent forgot about those pics i have been tied up with some uni stuff which takes all my nights .. ill upload them on sat or sunday when i get 2 minutes or so spare.