Skyline Powered 620

RadioRedline

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. Okay I found it on Wiki 72-73

Heres a truck in Regina (my city) found a video of on youtube.

Now the one in the Video is that newer gen 6 cyl,

I was thinking using one of those or one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_S20_engine

Thoughts?

Radio

Why bother with a 6-cyl in such a small truck if you're going turbo. Just do an SR20DET swap. Look up what these engines are so you know their power, capabilities, and what to call them rather than just 'Skyline engine'

You're going to have clearance issues and need custom engine mounts. Cutting and welding is required in an engine swap. Then comes the fun part of wiring in the ECU.

HAha But im "the Radio" If s20 exists...

lol good luck getting that even in Japan :rolleyes:

if you want to shoe horn an RB20/25/26/30 into a 620 be ready for a lot of cutting and welding just to get it physically in there. power wise, an SR will fit in a hell of a lot easier and you can get far more HP than youl ever need in a 620 out of it.

Id brush up on your Nissan engine selections/specs and then come back to it.

If you want to run factory turbo (and assuming your up for plenty of possible fab work) there's SR20, CA18, FJ20, RB25, RB26(tt) VG30, VG30(dett), L28, what else am I forgetting?

Edited by Skib

But after watching Tokyo Drift I assumed Dropping a "Skyline Engine" was a long 12 hour day of work! :lol:

Gotta start somewhere so I ordered the Nissan performance book, I'm not against research...keep in mind i'm coming off of the Saturn Engine Terminology here...

Radio

(assuming your set on turbo) for a swap with a good work/money/power ratio your looking at the SR20det, CA18et, KA24 built for turbo, FJ20et (all 4cyl motors that wouln't require you to hack out your fire wall and part of the trans tunnel)

if you want something that just has some "wow" factor and RB sure would do it but beyond that its not practical when you can pull plenty of power out of motors that will fit in there. you can get some cool "wow" factors from those motors too tho, the first one that comes to mind is wagdattos supercharged KA build

But after watching Tokyo Drift I assumed Dropping a "Skyline Engine" was a long 12 hour day of work! :lol:

Gotta start somewhere so I ordered the Nissan performance book, I'm not against research...keep in mind i'm coming off of the Saturn Engine Terminology here...

Radio

at least you are honest with your pursuit of ratsuness. joining this forum was the first correct thing to start with your swap. i suggest to bury yourself in the project datto section on this forum and then begin to ask more questions. the first thing you need to determine at this point is how much money do you want to spend and what skill level you have. the dollar amount will determine help determine the engine choice.

I do most of my research watching the fast and the furious......

Maybe that's why I cut my firewall.................................................:fu:

common guys, cut him some slack, at least he wants to learn. the spark of enthusiasm has to start somewhere.

I have all the tools, and a very talented fabrication friend...I work in a car dealership with 3 good Tech friends. But I want to do this myself so research is where i've started, and realize that there are many options motor mize rotary, Nissan RB, etc...Just am in love with "workin on ma TEERUCK!"

Radio

Dropping a Skyline engine in anything is a 12 hour job if you have all the tools you need and you've done an engine swap 17 times prior.

:lol: it can be done, Iv got an L6 swap down to 4 hours so far :P

I have all the tools, and a very talented fabrication friend...I work in a car dealership with 3 good Tech friends. But I want to do this myself so research is where i've started, and realize that there are many options motor mize rotary, Nissan RB, etc...Just am in love with "workin on ma TEERUCK!"

Radio

then it looks like you just need to figure out how much you want to spend :cool:

find:

engine

trans

ecu

wiring

gauge cluster....

you basically looking for the whole front cut of a skyline... good luck

Fab:

Driveshaft

firewall

floor

frame rails

motor mounts.....

basically the whole front half of the truck

not to mention build or buy a rear axle thats going to handle the power.

KA swap it.

ichorid-Dude...if I searched everything as opposed to asking, I'd use google. Seeing as you have no clue on the benefits of a forum for social aspects of discussion, I suggest you look at the following list I made:

RATSUN by RADIO

---------------------

1. Forums are FUN

2. There are NO stupid questions

3. Adding to and starting threads is just like shooting the shit with a bunch of Datsun Homies!

4. Making friends on the internet is IN

5. Using the internet to talk to people across the country or continent is COOL

5. Starting a new thread is to getting LAID, as to searching old threads is to whacking it.

6. ichorid, sounds like you need to get laid? seriously bro

7. Radio = new guy, ichorid = know it all

Radio

RATSUN by RADIO

---------------------

1. Forums are FUN

yes, yes they are
2. There are NO stupid questions
no, there are many
3. Adding to and starting threads is just like shooting the shit with a bunch of Datsun Homies!
yes & no
4. Making friends on the internet is IN
sure?
5. Using the internet to talk to people across the country or continent is COOL
yes
5. Starting a new thread is to getting LAID, as to searching old threads is to whacking it.
what? use the search button.
6. ichorid, sounds like you need to get laid? seriously bro
I dont know ichorid's score. he may or may not :P
7. Radio = new guy,
yes, n00b
ichorid = know it all
hes mostly right (but also wrong) on that post actually,

the RB into a 620 idea woulnt turn up much results so its relative to other posts and not so much this one

Edited by Skib