• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

go here read

this http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=2129

1.front valance just unbolts but you might want to soak the bolts in pb blast

un hook the marker lights un bolt the 4 bolts .

2 USE THE SEARCH BUTTON :eek: there are a few thread's on how to lower a 620!

3 unbolt your rear bumper most don't run one .

4 if you cant figure out how to wash out your bed I am not sure any of us can help you :lol:

5 buy a dash cap look on ebay or google 620 dash cap

6 look in that chilton book in your truck and see how to adjust the linkage ! and lube it !

7. sound's like you need a new carb

8 pressure wash that engine to clean it

How do you know the engine is rebuilt ? if it was rebuilt how long ago was it rebuilt ? if it was rebuilt why is it all dirty ?

And sound like you need to adjust your valves. look up how to do it in that chilton i saw in your truck

9 620's are not fast you are lucky to gat a 620 to 95 miles an hour . one reason is the gear ratio and the stock 4 speed in your 76 . if i remember right 76 had 437 gears in the rear end. i think! some one correct me if i am wrong. if you want it to be fast put a ka in it and disc brakes so you can stop ! but if you cant fugure out the simple things in this video you might want to wait on doing a swap and learn the basic's:D

10 get a tachometer l engines sound louder especially with a clutch fan!

11 5 speed all the way

hope this helps :D

Edited by DISLEXICDIME

You know what...That's a clever way to ask questions :D ! LOTS Of questions asked there, but still...

If the idle starts out OK, and gets higher after you are flooring it, check to make sure the secondary diaphragm is closing. You'll see a vacuum pod with a linkage that goes to the throttle linkage and raises the rear throttle plate up and down. Make sure that the linkage is down all the way and not hung up. I know it's been said, but a search will find a pic of this on this board that shows exactly what you are looking for to check this; pic courtesy of Datzenmike, I believe.

Neat truck..

here il explain in detail about the idle situation. in the video it was idling perfect. today it idled too low just barely above dieing. yesterday it idled too high. i dont understand how it fluctuates so much

carb's main throttle shafts due to carb body and shaft wear, due to cracked or broken components in the emissions system and / or hoses, or even a leak between the manifold and carb or manifold & head (bad gasgets or cracks).

Quickest and easiest way to check is to carefully spray a bit of carb cleaner or WD 40 as close to the suspected leak as possible, and see if the idle evens out briefly as the sprayed liquid is drawn in through the crack and combusted.

It's a really good idea to clean up the engine and surrounding areas of grease, old oil and general grunge before you start, both so you can see what you're doing and so you don't have combustable material all over the outside of the engine - both carb cleaner and WD 40 are highly combustable, and you DON'T want to start an engine fire (also a good idea to have an appropriate fire extingusher on hand). Once you've located the leak, you'll have a better idea of what needs repair / replacement.....

Trust me, your dash isn't THAT cracked, you should see mine. :lol:

You can fix your door by slightly loosening the door hinge bolts (on the inside of the car, not on the edge of the door) and raising the back of the door, then tighten the bolts.

IMHO, it's a lot easier if you loosen the bolts, then snug them up so you can *barely* move the hinges, then adjust to where the door works good, then tighten everything down.