• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

man i love the way that race bike is setup...

it wouldnt take much, imo, to make it into a sweet lookin road bike... like if you powdercoat the frame and engine and tranny all black... and got some light set, it almost wouldn't matter what style lights you use front or back... i really like that thing man. and the yamaha looks like it's just asking for a cafe seat and tailsection. and i do like that harley too... a couple things i would do different if it were mine, but so what, it's yours.. it's great man.. all of em are.

thanks for the compliments!!! i love the old harley, man i get more looks on that thing than some of the choppers around here! EVERYBODY asks how i ride with that seat on there. if you keep it under 200 miles a day, you are fine, its like sitting on a steel chair...not comfortable, but not back breaking. it shifts terrible, you don't want to rev it over 4k, and its slow, but its great just to ride around...in fact, people say it gives me cool points! the yamaha, i have already made a tail section for it, i made a fiberglass mold of the flattracker's seat...so yes, it is going to be 100% cafe when i am done...and i hope to be done by spring. as for making my flattrack racer into a "street tracker" well...we are working on a similar project. that bike i am on in the pic, thats an ATK600DT, it was ATK's (my cousin used to be a dealer) version of an off the show room floor flat tracker...well, he has 2, the one you see there, and then one he has that started life as a motocross version, but he's building up the 600 motor and putting the street bits on it. thanks again for the compliments

Very nice bikes! IMO flat track is one of the most under rated form of motorcycle racing around and takes big BALLS, high speed sideways action and no brakes :eek:...if I remember correctly.

we use rear brakes only now. yeah, its not physical like motocross is, but it definately tests your testicular fortatude at times!

Yeah but ya know Us motocrossers all wanna be flat track racers....Having just recently retired my old body from motocross (last year at 65) I can tell ya from experience, the competion keeps ya young...Like that photo of ya "backin er in"..always wanted to try that with a "big bike"..(lite weight Yamahas are ez to slide thru a corner....LOL:lol::lol:

wallphotos1.jpg

wallphotos.jpg

• 2 months later...

Christmas update...the yamaha RD that i am restoring, it is my cousin's...well, not any more. he gave me the title for christmas! so now its really mine! i am so excited, im going to start an official thread for the build up next week, i have the frame back from powder coat and stuff. this bike is going to be awesome!