APC door locks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree, it's so worth the effort to look up part numbers and take them with you when you go to a chain parts place. i'm sure there are some knowledgable people that work at some of them... but it seems like none i've ever talked to know anything about any kind of car.

im going to have a key made for my current locks.. i've tried picking them.. or using several keys .. nothin opens them.. so hopefully if i have a key made it will work....

also i got a new ignition switch.. i called my local parts store (costless) an asked if they had one in stock.. the guy said nope but for 26.99 i can have one monday.. so i said i'd call back.. then called napa they wanted 46.99 an could have it tomorrow.. so i said nah... then called costless to tell them to go ahead and order it... then the guy (a different guy then the first time) says hold on i think i have 2 of those in stock... sure enough he does.. and the funny thing is it was 19.99.. halarious eh?? i sent my girlfriend in to pick them up.. she tells the guy she needs Something for a datsun truck.. 3 guys say.. you mean the one that almost got stolen shes like YEA! so the one dude already knew what she was there to pick up an helped her out right away.. i go there so much those guys know what i drive an who i am... haha

Someone's trying to bone you, I got my ignition switch w/keys at NAPA for $25.00 and they had one in stock. I think you guys have some shitty NAPA stores up there! NAPA also lists about 6 different part numbers for that switch; so instead of offering you the cheapest one that they may not have had, they were going to offer you what they had that wasn't the cheapest. Typical lazy ass parts guy!

every time i call napa... they want to charge me almost twice the amount of anywhere else.. i usualy stick to costless i've yet to have a problem with any of they're parts.. except for having to shem my starter.. but eh from what i hear thats normal.. did you see the "someone tried to steel my ratsun" thread??