fuel injection crazyness... L28

This thread is long but I will try to input some more also

get all your testing tools and have them at hand.

when the situation happens test fuel pressure with either a pressure guage or even open up the line after the fuek filter to see if fuel comes out. sometimes if you can take off the rail with the injectors on it to see if fuel comes out of the injectors onto a rag. of course be careful.

if this all checks out check for spark by simply pulling a plug with the wire on it and cranking to see if spark is there.

If you have fuel and spark you may have the issue of bad ecu or bad relay for the ecu.

does the ecu show trouble codes. if so read what they are and correct thosee issues.

Other things to check just to make sure your bases are covered are crank time and cam timing are correct. i have seen some cars that are off by a bit not start show symtoms like what you have.

pretty much what you are doing is testing and deducting what may the basic issue. all a motor needs is air which you most likely have, fuel and spark. Fuel injection is good to have but can be a pain when issues arise but carbs can be a pain also.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Z started right up today... after a month of checking it daily. I warmed up, drove it around the block, and it starts right up with every turn of the key... I've done nothing to it since it was havingthe problems before after I tried everything..

Grr I'm so mad at it. This cannot be explained! and now its not even doing the problem for me to find it.