1972 & 1973 620 fsm

I am needing wiring diagrams for 1972 & 1973 620 need the engine compartment mainly ignition and carburetor harness break downs. This truck is non-californa emmissions and is a 4 speed transmission.

Helping a friend with a 72.5 620 and the 74 620 is completely different.

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Haynes manual is the same as posted at: http://www.olddatsuns.com and only goes to '73. Actually a truck made after July '72 IS a '73 (it's confusing) build date vs. model year. So a '72.5 likely has a build date of Jan '72-June '72.

Edited by datzenmike

The 521 was made until June '72 and the wiring is different from the 620. From June '72 on should be a 620. The registered date means just that and has nothing to do with the truck.

Can you read the numbers on the engine tag? 521's are up to 910001 the last truck made. Early 620s begin with 000001 and go up.

Ok my assumptions earlier were .... ass umtions. The 1972 620 was built starting in March '72 with #000001 and ended in August '72 with #092941 so all numbers above this were '73s........ (I hope)

So your PL620 number #079206 could have been made in early July '72, so it fits.