Offy and Holley???

My Datsun friends,

I got a good deal on an offy intake and holley 4 bbl. 390 cfm. carb setup for an L4 series. I plan to put it on an l20b block, A87 quench head and slight cam.

Does any one have any experience with this setup? I have been told they were a bad combo, then told they worked great on a drag car. Your opinions???

As always thanks for

your help and advice,

James B.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't give you concrete results but I can tell you what I've found.

A Weber 32/36 flows about 325CFM and Datsun enthusiasts have great luck with them!

A Weber 38 (down draft) flows about 390CFM and I haven't really heard much on them helping out smaller engines. I had a weber 38 on a 4.2 liter toyota engine and it was close to perfect for me.

You may be messing with the law diminishing returns.. Never done it though?~ I could definitely see it working out on a stroker, or something with a lot of head work?!

If I remember a friend of mine several years ago used a holley on a lz2.2 he built and liked it but that was while ago and I did not see him drive the car much. I bet it may be too much for a L20 but if you have more displacement I bet it would work out. I personally say go with the weber but if this deal is smokin get it just to have for any future builds