Which Weber Kit to get?

SHIFT

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only smog thing on the intake is if it is equipped with EGR. Find the vacuum line that goes to the valve and remove and plug. It needs ported carb vacuum to work... no vacuum signal... no work. Install the Weber and go.

All intakes have a PCV valve but I don't consider it a 'smog device'. (even though it sort of is) It is essential for keeping the engine insides free of condensed gas and water vapors that will dilute the oil and that's just not good. Does not affect running or performance in any way even if the hoses fall off or get plugged. Best to run with it working properly.

Guest DatsuNoob
As a follow up for all us newbies on here, what do you do with all the smog stuff on the intake when you switch over to a weber? It seems you cant run the stock intake on one, correct?

L16 intake manifold. Early, pre-smog exhaust mani (without flapper unit for anti carb icing) or header. Sure beats making all the block off plates. That is if you live in an area that doesnt require emission control. Pretty much any Weber kit will work, provided you have the correct adapter plate/s. Weber makes different variations of the same basic carb, 32/36 being the most common, I had the 34/34 which was a little different as far as the linkage setup, but you can make anything work with a little Ratsun ingenuity

Edited by DatsuNoob

IC (Idle Control) circuit shuts off the flow of gas when you turn off your motor. I suggest this carb because if you ever swap in an L20B motor you will need this as they are prone to dieseling (running on) after ignition is shut off. The factory carbs for the L20B's have this solenoid circuit on them.

On your L16 you propably won't need it so you don't hook up the wire, but if you do need it you just hook up a wire. It is simple.

Here is the cheapest I have found this carb $40 cheaper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Datsun-1968-1982-Weber-Carb-Conversion-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1e58543696QQitemZ130330932886QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

IC (Idle Control) circuit shuts off the flow of gas when you turn off your motor. I suggest this carb because if you ever swap in an L20B motor you will need this as they are prone to dieseling (running on) after ignition is shut off. The factory carbs for the L20B's have this solenoid circuit on them.

On your L16 you propably won't need it so you don't hook up the wire, but if you do need it you just hook up a wire. It is simple.

Here is the cheapest I have found this carb $40 cheaper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Datsun-1968-1982-Weber-Carb-Conversion-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1e58543696QQitemZ130330932886QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Thanks for the info on the IC circuit and thanks for the link!