New to site New to Datsun, love my truck

skunk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Junkyard hunting was fun for sure. It wasn't raining either which was nice. That place smelt oddly pleasant because of the lilac stuff everywhere like you said. And yea that 521 was off by it'self we though maybe you missed that one so we took some pictures for you :D

AND I sold my stratus lastnight so we have some moolah to get the yellow one running!

• 2 weeks later...

damit. im going to have to pull out my carpet. dont know how but the carpet is really wet, and i cant get them to dry out. iv been trying to get the watter soked up for 3 days and its still like a spung. i dont even know how they got wet. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

well it may be more then the doors, looks like theres some water coming in from by the head liner and windshield meet, and out of the 4'' speaker holes under the kick panels.:(

im in over my head on this one, i dont even know what to do.not really sure where to start or how to fix this one. i have to put a new windshield in this weekend, so maybe i can fix that leak, i really hope this dosnt mean i have rust hiding were its leaking.

this sucks im sick and my datsun is leaking:(

Edited by skunktruckin
looks like theres some water coming in from by the head liner and windshield meet, and out of the 4'' speaker holes under the kick panels.:(

It's likely that you have a leak at the top of the gasket somewhere that is running down into the A pillars and then down inside the kick panels. A new windshield gasket will probably take care of this, if there is no significant rust on the mounting lip.

im in over my head on this one, i dont even know what to do.not really sure where to start or how to fix this one. i have to put a new windshield in this weekend, so maybe i can fix that leak, i really hope this dosnt mean i have rust hiding were its leaking.

this suck im sick and my datsun is leaking:(

Hope you feel better soon.

Tough to say why or where it's leaking until the old windshield is out. This is a precarious proposition since this is your daily driver. I've seen several really solid import trucks that still had a butt load of rust on the window mounting flanges. For that matter my '90 F-150 leaks somewhere at the top of the windshield, too. Part of the pleasure of owning an older rig in the Great Northwest. :blink:

Have you called around at all for replacements? I had a brand new windshield and gasket put in a '78 Luv locally for about $160. It had some rust on the lip and the glass place put some sealant in it for me. It was worth paying them to do it, so if it leaked I could just take it back to them and not mess with it.

Your call.