210 interior

Got out yesterday to raid a junkyard, and I think I made out pretty well for $40.00

Here's the interior before.

driverint.jpg

Then with the seats stripped out.

frontbefore.jpg

rearbefore.jpg

And then I put in carpet, and a few trim pieces, and here it is!

frontafter.jpg

rearafter.jpg

Then, even though I didn't have the right carpet, I decided to do the back anyway, so I got some indoor/outdoor carpet at home depot (They only had grey or blue). Here it was before.

cargobefore.jpg

and here it is after. I added the small, cute child to try and attract women. They love these things!

cargoafter.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didja' crack your head on the third brake light while putting in the rear carpet? ;)

Looks pretty good. There is a 210 wagon in a yard near here too, it might have the carpet in back. I'll look next time I go if they pull the blazer out of the tailgate...

You got the light/head thing just about right. :) I didn't like that light anyway. Was going to change it to an LED strip anyway because it impedes my rear-vision.

Yeah, the rear definitely looks kinda iffy. I don't mind, too much, but I'll definitely re-do it again later to match. It's better than the bare metal. Can't figure out who in the hell decided to get that yellow paint ALL over. I'm going to try and get it off the trim but I don't want to damage it, so we'll see how that works out. I'll figure something. If you do see some carpet, and I think the '80 and '81 might be the same size, drop me a line about it and I'll either pay you for it and you can ship, if you want, or I could come pick it up if you're up in the NW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Any idea how I could get it off? Some kind of stripping compound or something that wouldn't eat at the plastic trim parts on the side?

If it is Zinc Chromate you don't want to strip it. Can't get a better primer, it was used in the aircraft industry since the 30s, paint over it. If it was good enough for the P51, it's probably good enough for a Datsun.