towing a datto

Keep in mind that a generic towbar like that will be a bit of a pain to hook up to the tight fitting bumper on a 620. You'd be better off making some plates that mount to the frame where the bumper mounts, then mount that bar to the plates. The rental bars are designed to be clamped onto an existing bumper. Most towbars require additional brackets to be purchased to tow specific vehicles.....of which you won't find any for the 620...at least I highly doubt it.

Anyway.....just check out how you're going to attatch that bar to the rig before you commit to it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn i have this problem all the time. lynch hit it on the nose. all rides that are brake worthy i push. i hate the idea of towing with all the jerking going on. my dad did that shit when i was young and i thought there had to be a better way. watching cars being pushed around at spanaway speedway gave me the idea. a car broke down they just pushed it off the track. so now i take 2 rimless tire and tie them to the car/truck. waaay softer and if you see a popo u let the guy in front of you coast ahead a little. passed many cops and have pushed 15 miles.

i would love to just rent a truck and dolly but uhaul wont accept a cash deposit!!!!!! you have to have a credit card!!!!!!!!!:mad:wtf liability bullshit.

You got "AAA". I have picked up many a broken Datsun thanks to AAA. No hassle with finding a tow vehicle, trailer/dolly and the best thing is I don't have to lift a finger other then dialing their 800#.... Simple and easy and no questions asked.

VERY expensive...

$75-100 for upto 4 tows a year??? Plus the piece of mind?? I'm sure there's a ton of guys that spend more than that on cigs and beer :)

Be a bit careful with using AAA like that. They need to think that it is a vehicle you are going to be fixing to drive. If they think it's simply a parts rig, they won't do it.