Dime Quarterly and Brits

I dunno if im paranoid but ive been seeing alot of brits contact me on Dime Quarterly. I post the things I need and WTB and alot of brits send me emails saying they have the parts I need but cant provide pictures. One time i was looking for lowering springs and another brit said that he had them and would sell them to me for 65usd. He said he manufactures them but his camera was broken. My question is should All of those foreign transactions be ignored or are there any reputable people across the pond. :confused: I try to keep transactions as local as possible but i dont want to count those guys out unless i really should. i havent been in this Datsun game very long but 65usd for lowering springs sounds really fishy. i havent seen them for sale in all the while ive owned my dime (5 months), i would guess they go for 300-500 dollars.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if im paranoid but ive been seeing alot of brits contact me on Dime Quarterly. I post the things I need and WTB and alot of brits send me emails saying they have the parts I need but cant provide pictures. One time i was looking for lowering springs and another brit said that he had them and would sell them to me for 65usd. He said he manufactures them but his camera was broken. My question is should All of those foreign transactions be ignored or are there any reputable people across the pond. :confused: I try to keep transactions as local as possible but i dont want to count those guys out unless i really should. i havent been in this Datsun game very long but 65usd for lowering springs sounds really fishy. i havent seen them for sale in all the while ive owned my dime (5 months), i would guess they go for 300-500 dollars.

i would wait untill whoever it is has some good seller feedback. The internet is a feeding ground for scammers... trust no-one!

sounds like BS to me. Since everyone knows about nigerian scammers at this point, I don't think they've just quit. More likely they are setting up accounts in other countries (UK), and claiming to be from that country instead. Try this, ask for his address, saying that you have a friend in a forum who may be able to view the parts for you and pay cash... that should end the emails rather quickly.

sounds like BS to me. Since everyone knows about nigerian scammers at this point, I don't think they've just quit. More likely they are setting up accounts in other countries (UK), and claiming to be from that country instead. Try this, ask for his address, saying that you have a friend in a forum who may be able to view the parts for you and pay cash... that should end the emails rather quickly.

thats pretty smart! ya that would weed out the bad sellers, and actual picture of course are always a good thing. so far ive been able to get parts fairly local.

I put one ad on the DQ. And I received several e mails from clowns in the uk.

They all wanted to pay more than I was asking if I would take a cashiers check. Yea right :fu:

The auzzies are cool and I've sold some stuff over there. But that's it.