Interesting trucks for sale in AU

JWilk_SD

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it can't be an NL because it's not "L"eft hand drive. N is a body code, L is a "where's the steering wheel" code.

320xxxxx: RHD regular bed

G320xxxxx: RHD Long Bed

N320xxxxx: RHD Unit Body

U320xxxxx: RHD 4-seat unit body ("Utility", aka double pickup)

L320: LHD regular bed

NL320: LHD unit body.

In Nissan terms, an "L" before the chassis code always stands for "LHD" and the absence of an "L" stands for RHD. That's why all US/Canada market Datsuns have an L in the VIN, and all Japanese/Australian/British market ones don't.

"N" on a 320 is unique in that it's a body code, and that style of body never was used on the 520 and beyond because it became a 1000/1200 (B110 and B210). After 1970 N was an engine code (on 620s, it stood for the J15, such as the GN620xxxxx, which is what the British got- longbed, RHD 1.5L trucks).

There are exceptions, like the 221/222/223 pickups, which have very strange coding (but still use the L for LHD)

The van is all factory. Datsun, and Toyota, simply left the metal window stampings instead of fitting the glass. Due to our tax rates at the time this meant the panel vans were some what cheaper then the, 4 door, wagons. I think they also did 2 door wagons as well.

yea... if that hhr wasn't chopped, slammed... painted like that, moon eyes... plexi windows... i'd think it was ugly just like every other hhr... oh and the fact that it will go way faster than i will ever need to... that's gives it a couple points too.. :D

i agree with you bleach, if it had no C pillar and glass windows, cool... if it had totally smooth sides, delivery wagon style, cool... as it is... eh... i wouldn't buy it... well ... i would, but i'd have to make it have smooth sides... :D