1980 720

just like the title says. Time to let this thing go to someone else

ill list the good/bad, engine bay is a lil more clean then i have pictures of. Started cleaning the valve cover and sanding it, also sprayed some of the shit off the timing cover etc.

New tires, 150 just for the front two. Rear ones new too

new brakes/rotors in the front. 70 just for the rotors

new bearings in the front - 100

Rear hubs turned - 70

New passenger door/fender - 50

All glass good

New wind shield - 70 for wind shield 225 for install

Electronic Dizzy, Newer Hardbody coil

i have removed most emissions junk

All lights/sensors work

Honda accord bucket seats - 40

L20B, just tuned up, new spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor, new oil & filter

Dogleg 5 speed, works good.

New weber carb - i paid 125 shipped for it (gotta love ratsun)

New pinto shocks up front - 20

Brand new battery 50

Canopy - 40

thats 1010, just for the parts i put a price on. other things i put on i dont even remember

Bad

Rust in headboard of bed

Couple rust spots in floor boards, driver side has been patched but needs finished, passenger side is pretty much ok, only a couple tiny spots need attention.

Needs

Muffler, haven't ever had one and im tired of it being that loud

Needs rear hubs, they work but are warped.

Carpet

Needs one wheel stud to looks like

Radio, im keeping mine

Bottom line is its super reliable. I got this from Bellevue washington last year and have been driving it since. Drove it to portland 2 days a week for work, its 85 miles each way. Drove it to kennewick 2 times, 290 miles each way. Took it to canby.... I honestly would not hesitate to take this thing anywhere. Gets decent mileage. I can do 75 on I5 without the second barrel being open on the weber, and still have lots of RPM room to go faster.

Kind of hate to sell it just because i can trust it. First vehicle thats never left me stranded.

Asking 800 or offer. Really need the cash so dont be afraid to make offer. Not parting out.

04-05-09_1446.jpg

07-06-09_1454.jpg

07-10-09_1646.jpg

07-11-09_1758.jpg

06-10-09_1608.jpg

06-10-09_1605.jpg

01-24-09_1456.jpg

01-24-09_1509.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

Edited by h2theizzo
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is your chance to be a part of the infamous Team TITSORGTFO :fu:

Thats right. Dont miss this great opportunity to be a part of the WINNING team from OREGON. Team Agog lost horribly.

Skib, i washed my truck the other day, and you can still see the words under the black paint :D

Thats right. Dont miss this great opportunity to be a part of the WINNING team from OREGON. Team Agog lost horribly.

Skib, i washed my truck the other day, and you can still see the words under the black paint :D

:lol: I still have my sticker

Nothing, ...some 720s had a shorty 5 spd tranny... same length as the dogleg. Never seen a 4 spd shorty so just wondered if that was what was originally in it.

it could have been a 5 speed, dunno? current trans has yellow numbers on the side of it tho so i think it came from a jy (that and when i put it in 5th the reverse lights came on :lol:) But got that fixed up now.

how hard would this be to do/source Tim?

new hubs?

available at any napa auto parts stores :D just take the back tires off, lightly tap the hubs and they will slide off. put new ones on, re-adjust brakes accordingly and your set. really simple, but im not putting money into it since im selling it. dont mind helping someone out do them tho if they buy it. I know mine will slide off easy because ive had them off twice this year. not stuck on

• 4 weeks later...

Bump to the top

November first, the day after Halloween this will be decomissioned.

The engine is being taken out and dropped into my other truck. The rest of the parts will be for sale.

I will be keeping the following

Engine, complete

coil

wind shield

rear end

passenger door/fender

gauges (speedo, temp etc)

tail lights & lenses

Everything else is up for grabs

Dogleg 5 speed - $200?

good shape. clean on the outside. Shifts fine. Due for a gear oil change

Rims + tires $100 dollars

i JUST got new tires on the fronts, it was $155 for those and i have the receipt from schwab

honda accord bucket seats --- $20

with L brackets and bolts to drop into your 720 or 620, should be a mod-less installation even on a 620.

rear glass is good - 20 dollars

tail gate - $15

few dings could be blasted and used. Needs new handle tho i broke it :D

brand new rotors on the front - 35 dollars

I paid 70 for them

Buy the frame & cab, 100 dollars.

Be perfect to swap your 620 or whatever else onto it. Disc brake setup is all there

new pinto shocks, 10 for both

theres tons more shit on this thing just make an offer on whatever else. lights are good, wire harness is good i didnt see any hacks but havent looked really hard

brand new bearings on the fronts, both sides.

I will trade any of this stuff for.... but its gotta be an even-ish trade

Need 6 lug rims and tires for 4x4.

clutch kit

power inverter

light bar

winch (doubtful but worth a shot)

good set of running lights

whatever else truck wise let know what you got.

These prices are best offer. I don't want to see this shit go to the scrapper. I would rather see someone on ratsun benefit from this.

Edited by h2theizzo
  • 6 months later...

want/need this thing gone. Nothing wrong with it really, but i can't afford three vehicles and id rather mob around in my goon. Has good tabs till next year, title in hand. Truck is usable and good reliable rig, if nothing else its good motor/trans, rims & tires are good for whatever else. I need this thing GONE. 800 or a reasonable offer. ill take 350 cash and trade for 510 stuff or?

Below is whats new.. Truck just rolled over to 100k. I just mainly want the truck part gone, but i dont have a garage to put the motor/trans in or a cherry picker!

New tires

new brakes/rotors in the front.

new bearings in the front

Rear hubs turned -

new rear brake shoes

New passenger door/fender -

All glass good

New wind shield

Electronic Dizzy, Newer Hardbody coil

All lights/sensors work

Honda accord bucket seats

L20B, just tuned up, new spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor, new oil & filter

Dogleg 5 speed, works good.

New weber carb

New pinto shocks up front

Brand new battery

brand new clutch, less than 1000 miles on it, pressure plate, throw out bearing etc.

new brake cylinder on the rear

Bad

rust in bed

rust in floorboards. both fixable

Needs

Carpet

04-05-09_1446.jpg

07-06-09_1454.jpg

07-10-09_1646.jpg

07-11-09_1758.jpg

06-10-09_1608.jpg

06-10-09_1605.jpg

01-24-09_1456.jpg

01-24-09_1509.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

Wow, getting totally out of 720's now?

I totally love my truck. But really i need spot i can put it for a while and just leave it on the back burner. Focusing on my goon now :D Cant afford insurance on 3 cars. Not really room for 3 rigs here without parking one in the yard :\ I could use some cash for the title transfer and tabs on the good along with some bushings :) But oh well. If I could find a spot to store this truck for a while I would do that and keep it.

I hear ya. Just sold a Goon to free up some space in the driveway.. no doubt there'll be another Datsun to fill it's spot soon enough... :sneaky:

haha, and you bought a 720 4x4 from someone not long ago :D

dunno, ill call my sister and see if i can park it up at her place. my quads up there and thats what i want to keep it for is hauling it around. Need to take my quad into the shop as it is now :blink: ill keep it up for sale till i find a spot to put it, or find somewhere i can yank the motor out and store that...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.