Datsun 510 carbon fiber fenders?

510love

Anyone know where to get a good set of carbon fiber fenders? I know that they have hoods and trunks being sold all over the net but never seen fenders except here on

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/Restored-Full-Carbon-Fiber-Fenders-Datsun-510-Bluebird-55329#

and there over $2000!!!! :eek: so screw that.....anyway just wondering if im missing anything? I would love to get a set but its not worth 2k to me right now just for a set of fenders.....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if he is still doing it but....

Pare composites

8182 Elder creek rd

Sac Ca 95824

916-383-7427

has tons of stuff

Front lower Valence 140

Dash Valence 110

hood 450

L fender 350

R fender 350

Trunk lid 375

then hes got

kick panels, door panels, door sils, rear deck panel, wagon hatch, bubble flares, dah board, spook, bre, extreme spoiler

hey chris.... did he want quality CF or dave's ? and i think dave only made them with flares..... lol..... might as well go fiberglass.... if you get a well built fender it will most likely weigh more than the stock fender, since datsun fenders are such thin metal.....( i.e : stock mitsu evo hood weighs less than CF one ) ... or are you going for cosmetic?

yea im going for the CF look also my fenders are all rusted and i dont like the way fiberglass looks esp on an older car.......mainly wanted the CF fenders cause im getting the trunk lid and the hood also so i figured y not the fenders tooo!!

plus the contrast with CF to white (color of the car) will look good and if not it can always be sold or car painted a diff color

hey chris.... did he want quality CF or dave's ? and i think dave only made them with flares..... lol..... might as well go fiberglass.... if you get a well built fender it will most likely weigh more than the stock fender, since datsun fenders are such thin metal.....( i.e : stock mitsu evo hood weighs less than CF one ) ... or are you going for cosmetic?

lol you didnt like his work? i thought his stuff looked pretty legit.

he has prices listed for bubble flared fenders and regular fenders so he makes em both. I wanted some of his CF kickpanels on the realzy

well for the price i guess he is ok...... nice guy... last time i seen him he didnt have non flares

i have a buddy that has been doing CF for 13 years, so i always compare to him.... and i have never seen better, then again he builds parts for pro NHRA drivers, so he HAS to be good.... but he wouldnt mke any dtsun parts :( not worth his time..... he would lose money... considering one of his belly pans for a rail dragster is over $8,000

here is him and ONE of the cars he built 53 studebaker

IMG_3346.jpg

and the other car

Picture.jpg