75, 620 Project

1Low620

Hello all! new to the Ratsun forums, but have owned several 620's over the years ( wish I had known about this site before! ) Here's my newest diamond in the rough I picked up over the weekend!

DatsunProject010.jpg

DatsunProject008.jpg

DatsunProject006.jpg

Going to be a some what slow project ( moneys kind of tight ) and I want things done right.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a fair truck to start a project with. What are your plans for it?

depending on the setup, 3 to 3 1/2 body drop, bags on all 4 corners, may have some stock 16" tahoes to use till I find the right 18's.

interior is going to be gutted and will hand form a nice dash/center console run with some decent buckets instead of the bench.

exterior wise, bed latches, hooks , door handles/locks will all be shaved/filled and both doors will be suicide.

course these are all just thoughts racing through my head right now and will most likely be more extreme. I've got a great crew of friends with the knowledge to lend a hand here and there :)

aaah, under dash A/C. Kind of hard to find.

At first I thought you were our long time member 1lo620. :) Welcome!

Thanks!, newbie to the ratsun forums and thank god the name wasn't in use, now we're set as long as the DMV wont grant me the plates :)

welcome to ratsun glad to see another 620 junkie on the forum . What are you going to do with your old dash parts ? I am in the market for a glove box lid/door , so keep me in mind on that lol . you look like you got a nice builder keep the pictures coming .................. OH YEAH I WANT YOUR UNDER DASH A/C HAHA

Edited by slam_dat_sun
ADDED TO POST
welcome to ratsun glad to see another 620 junkie on the forum . What are you going to do with your old dash parts ? I am in the market for a glove box lid/door , so keep me in mind on that lol . you look like you got a nice builder keep the pictures coming .................. OH YEAH I WANT YOUR UNDER DASH A/C HAHA

I'll keep you in mind man, right now the main priority is getting it running. The kid I got it from stripped the #4 spark plug hole, I got lucky and was able to just re-tap the hole ( took a bendy straw on my shop vac and cleaned out the cylinder really good, only took me an hour till I was satisfied ) and stuck a new plug in. After that's done, I get to replace both rear drums, he took them off to do a break job but that's when he lost interest.... and some parts.

The under dash ac is gonna go, that's for sure, however, I am keeping the ac compressor and it's going to be converted to a jork drive set up to run my bags :)

also, the glovebox is straight, latches are good, I'll snag a few pics later tonight and send them to ya.

right now, I *think* the coil is fried... I'm not getting any spark but the coil is getting power. No one around here carries any coils for the datsun so I either get to do a make-your-own with my MSD or find a way to butcher another one to see if it actually is the coil.

Past few days I've been tinkering around with the datsun, was able to fix the stripped spark plug hole by just re-tapping it, replaced the plugs,wires and points! ( thanks Bleach! bad points was my problem! ) she's running now but at a very high idle.

Once I get the idle down some, I'll take it to a shop and have them re-do both rear drums/breaks.

then, she'll be ready to be lowered, body dropped and bagged! :)