Aussie 720

irsa76

I vote for the second one... They're not necessarily the colours I would use together, but I take it they're the Aussie colours? I think they're too small and too close together in the first pic... it just looks like they're competing for space. The second one looks a lot cleaner...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Tried the lowered look a few weeks ago.

chloe20040219002dj4.jpg

chloe20040219001ur1.jpg

Rear end shot, with Toyota tail lights:o

chloe20040219003ne9.jpg

I lifted it back to stockish height.

Oh yeah, front was sitting ON the bumpstops, and the airshocks airout all the way.

Thinking I might try and find the proper bed, maybe a later model, and do it old school motorsport style.

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah! Finally did some work on the truck today. Pulled the bench out again and started gutting the interior. Carpet is trashed and will be replaced with a new vinyl mat if I can get one, have to email the maker here. Just have to remove the driver's side rear trim and the dash before I start giveing it a very good clean, leaving headliner in at the moment. I'm planning on fitting this seat and harness:

chloe20040101002zh2.jpg

Wife's had them since 2001 for another project which we sold. Will probably grab a pair of what ever Nissan buckets I can from a wrecker to mount it on, since the bench brackets might not work. I've found two other 720 KCs which I'm going to approach the owners and make an offer on them. One of them is the same age as mine so will probably just be a parts truck, may end up fixing the bed of it for mine though. The other is a later model truck with a canopy so I will probably do it up as an old school cruiser, dropped as low as possible without cutting, lots of chrome and fully decked out rear.

Just have to scrape some cash together to get them first:eek:.

Finished mostly gutting the truck today. All that's left is headliner and dash for now, headliner NOT coming out. Test fitted the Aerotech to figure out what I have to do to adapt it. I'll grab some S13 buckets so I'll have decent seats for driver and passenger and fab some adaptors to suit, I should clarify I only have the one Aerotech. Discovered that 720s run dual seatbelt mounts for both lap sash and lap only belts, which means I can run the harness AND the lap sash belt incase the police don't like it. I also discovered what looks jump seat mounts on both side walls, with cutouts in the trim. I'll clean the interior of all the crud and then paint the floor with POR15.

chloe20040120004wy8.jpg

chloe20040120005qa9.jpg

chloe20040120007ei7.jpg

chloe20040120006un4.jpg

Not what I was hoping to see. Will have to grab another door.:mad:

chloe20040120009rt8.jpg

chloe20040120012tf5.jpg

chloe20040120015za2.jpg

chloe20040120016yu8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

More tinkering with the truck tonight. Pulled the front bumper off and discovered it's had a hit in the nose at one point. Valance is slightly tweaked, not really worried as it looks ok unless you look closely. Need to let a insect bomb or two off on this thing, it's covered in cobwebs. Also reset front end to high. Will have to reindex the bars and probably drop it slightly as I think I've maxed my ball joints and tierods at the moment.

Also had a bit of fun with my son's Tonka and the pram from hell, Bertini Bidwell 4x4.

Pram and Tonka loaded.:D

van20040202001kb8.jpg

The little bloke about to unload his Tonka

van20040202003tv7.jpg

Prerunner style. Tonka for clearence reference, figured a Nokia would be lost in the photo.

van20040202004jt0.jpg

Plenty of clearence there.

van20040202005ap2.jpg

Not pretty.

van20040202007ga1.jpg