L16 Exhaust Problems

bilzbobaggins

The 70 521 i just got has a loud exhaust. I just got the manifold off, and found that the leaks are all coming from the collector(gasket 1/3 gone) and then the piece after that appears to go from 2 into one. This piece is very bad!! many holes.

Should i have this welded back up, or find another?

If i should get another, where could i find one?

Im new at actally doing stuff such as this. Mostly brakes and simple things are all i have done. This wasnt that tough to get off. Did cut pipe 1 foot behind bend that shoots straight back.

I would like to keep things cheap with the idea of mild performance increases to follow.

Any help is appreciated greatly.

thanks

jeff

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hope so man....might just replace gasket and fill with weld....wife does not think my investment is that hot...lol...she admits i look at home behind the wheel...

btw...what are the four posts that go into the head??

there are bent tubes on the manifold so im assuming they were emmisions of some sort...

and what is the 1 inch pipe coming out of the block w nothing on it??

damn i need to find the camera

jeff

If the 1" pipe comes out behind the manifolds it's the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) tube. It should have a tapered hose connecting it to the PCV valve in the intake just below and to the rear of the carb.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/PCVtubevalve.jpg[/img]"]PCVtubevalve.jpg