720 owner; new to the forums.

KrazzyKevin

Hello everybody, my name is Kevin, and I own an '86 Nissan 720 truck that I'm working on as my senior project in High School. Anyhow, Nissan_Boy85 referred me to these forums and I thought I'd sign up and say hello.

Here is a picture of my truck as it is right now:

mytruck.jpg

So far, I've fixed some electrical quirks it had (turn signals didn't work, etc.), repaired and repainted all the rust in the bed, and done some work to the front brakes. Next on my to-do list is to take a look at the drum brakes and to replace the carburetor with a Weber 32/36.

Also, on the subject of the drum brakes, mine are sort of rusted and stuck in place, and my service manual says to screw bolts into two threaded holes to pop off the case, but the holes are rusted to the point that the threads are useless. What should I do to get them open?

-Kevin

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that is one super clean 720....

Haha, thanks. I am pretty OCD about keeping her clean; however, it helps that my camera isn't that great. She's not quite as nice in person. There are some little rust spots and scraps that need to be taken care of.

Also, I really appreciate the warm welcome I'm getting from you guys.

Thanks for the hospitality. :)

-Kevin

Also, on the subject of the drum brakes, mine are sort of rusted and stuck in place, and my service manual says to screw bolts into two threaded holes to pop off the case, but the holes are rusted to the point that the threads are useless. What should I do to get them open?

-Kevin

Kevin: try a thread tap. See if you can clean the thread so you can use them.

Welcome to the forum.