720 4x4 question

slayer

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bolt up yes, dunno about engine mounts

cool thing if you use your current trans, you wont have to change drivelines or have them modified since ka trans are different sizes than the 720

**edit

but tell you what, in my 4x4 im just running stock z24 with 216k miles on it, weber carb. its got enough go to get around in the mud, ruff trails, hills etc. running 31 or 32" buckshots i forget whats on there. nice beefy tire.

Edited by h2theizzo

keep in mind that the hardbody trucks are getting cheaper and cheaper to buy.... i think after the time and cost of doing a swap it may not be worth it.

The 720s do awesome in the snow and i think personally they have a tad more "grunt" under a heavy load at low RPMs like when driving in deep snow or sand or mud. I know i didnt do anything here to answer your question but i had to throw in my .02

i have owned 2 720's before and this is my 4th 620... i love the way the 720 4x4 handle in the snow... that is why i was thinking that if i put a little better motor i would get even better gas mileage and even more power.... i have seen 2 of the 720 kc 4x4's lately running and driving.... for less then $1000

dont think it would be to expensive to do the swap really. If you went with a KA24DE then it would probably cost a few bucks, but the ka24e is cheap enough it seems

***Edit

Slodat has a ka24e for 350. I have seen them on CL for about 200-350. Id make him a fair offer.

Edited by h2theizzo
Didn't see any pics on your profile page. Do you have any you can show?

not sure if its still listed jester, but the spokane CL had it and a few pictures, it looked clean

he also had a build page for when he bought it and rebuild the engine, ill try and find you a link. it looked pretty clean