Wierd electrical problem

Danfinny

So I am trying to finish up the KA swap in the 510, the wierd thing is that is when hook the battery up the the dash light come on. the head light wont work and the starter wont turn over. I can here the starter relay clicking but nothing happens. anyone got any ideas?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well I think I know what to do about the starter, it is clicking just not getting any thing else. so i am going to hook up a hard start relay and try it. as far a s the dash lights comming on and the head light not working idk. I got all weekend to figure it out i guess.

So I am trying to finish up the KA swap in the 510, the wierd thing is that is when hook the battery up the the dash light come on. the head light wont work and the starter wont turn over. I can here the starter relay clicking but nothing happens. anyone got any ideas?

Can I assume the dash and headlights were working before you made the engine swap? ... and the electrical system is basically stock 510?

yes....but it a diffrent 510 harness same year just from another car...Good news is the starter works now...seems the relay from the original harness was bad so i replaced it with a new type relay and bam it turns over...still trying to work out the other issues I am afraid to hook anything else up for fear that it might be wrong.