WTB: Lots of parts...l16/18 needed.

Ok, so I have sourced the crossmembers needed to swap an Lseries into my 81 210. However, many people say that they have heard of it but never seen it, I finally did speak to a guy who has done it several times and he told me the 16/18 will fit but the 20 is too tall unless I want to cut my hood. Im not really going for the drag look so a cowl scoop is not gonna happen lol :fu:. Sooo I now need a buildable L16/18. Id prefer an 18:p of course but I know they are harder to find...

Also need light 16/18 flywheel

Need aggressive camshaft

Sidedraft manifold w/linkage

header. (Any 510 header will work apparently)

MSD box and dizzy. (MSD and Mallory both made them back in the day)

Anyone else know of anything I need to be aware of when I do the swap?

Things I have to trade or sell to finance buildup.

Complete L20 with electronic dizzy. complete carb to oil pan. $250

14x8 supra celica wheels $150

a15/5spd trans. (Complete 95k miles, still in car, driven daily, can hear/see run) $400 (Price posted per forum rules)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

header http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12749

for your set up, you oughta consider the stock manifold!

and use the e-dizzy over the MSD.

Got the header...thanks.

Why would I use the the stock manifold? Ilm gonna build a pretty serious motor....would think I'd need more than a 32/36.

Thanks for the link.

The L20B is 2cm or 0.788" (3/4") taller. It'll fit. File the motor mount holes so it sits lower but go L20B. L16/18 you'll have to replace the cam, carb whatever just to bring it up to the L20Bs power. L20B are more plentiful.

MSD are over rated, go with the stock Nissan dizzy good to 10,000 rpms on a 4 cyl.

Header over rated too. Use an L16/18 cast iron one. Just as good and are cheap. Spend money saved on MSD and header on a good cam and valve train or custom 2" exhaust system.

You are going to need an L series tranny.

Edited by datzenmike
The L20B is 2cm or 0.788" (3/4") taller. It'll fit. File the motor mount holes so it sits lower but go L20B. L16/18 you'll have to replace the cam, carb whatever just to bring it up to the L20Bs power. L20B are more plentiful.

MSD are over rated, go with the stock Nissan dizzy good to 10,000 rpms on a 4 cyl.

Header over rated too. Use an L16/18 cast iron one. Just as good and are cheap. Spend money saved on MSD and header on a good cam and valve train or custom 2" exhaust system.

You are going to need an L series tranny.

I have the trans, one of two zx 5spds I was tryin to sell. I had an itc510 for two seasons....stock dizzy would spit and sputter on certain days...replaced it with an msd and no worries. Just didn't want to do it again as I'm planning some n2o.... Was lead to believe that the 20 was almost 2 inches taller than a16/18...I def want the most cubes......any idea how tall the z22 deck height is versus the L20? Will def do a header with ceramic coat...just cant get past the ugs of a stock mani......thanks for the info!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.