78 620 sway bar

hey guys looking for a "78 620 sway bar idk if they make 3/4 or 1" ones (shit i dont even know how big they are stock) but if anyone has one or knows where i could get my hands on one(preferably a aftermarket one, or if u have one and some available free time could measure the dia. for me) thatd b cool as hell. thanks alot!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

78/79 620's didnt come stock with front sway bars. Some people install a stock bar from a 73-77 truck, but some have issues with how they fit too.

Aftermarket bars, the only aftermarket bars that i know of are made by addco i think.

I put a swaybar from a 77 on my 78 620 project. The only thing I had to do is cut some longer metal sleeve spacers for the bolts on the lower A arms. Then I had the clearence needed. Worked out fine. Not sure what it will help on the driving, because I've yet to finish my project and drive her, Atleast it looks good under there.

Edited by Rubberman

They were on the white kingcab that I just sold on here. They were some of the parts I robbed off of it before I sold it. I wish I could point you in the right dir. but they were prob. discontinued long ago. good luck:)

Ricky, where did you get these swaybars you speak of? I searched alittle on the internet, but can you help point me in the right direction? I would like to look in getting one for the rear. I didn't know they made them for them.

ADDCO makes a rear bar.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.