Newbie stuff. need some info.

thehotsauce

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datsuns are well known to be cheap and easy to keep on the road... HOWEVER, this is based on an owner who knows how to work on it... can you rebuild a carb if need be? If not, new or rebuilt carbs could be half the price of the truck... can you replace a headgasket if need be? Believe it or not, this was something people didn't mind doing themselves once upon a time...

These are not necessarily common repairs on a datsun... but the age of it and unknown history, well you never know... so if you HAVE to, can you? If not. Buy something else.

be careful with that one

from my experience with the owner of that vehicle he is an idiot. he bled the brakes and adjusted the stock carb and it went from 600 dollars to 1250. Wtf...

Anyways, its been there for a long time. you could probly get it for less than 600 :D

Reliable in Datsun terms, is different than reliable in most other terms.

Reliable for Datsun owners usually means, "I can fix it by myself, on the side of the road, when it breaks." If you can fix it yourself, with minimal tools, by yourself........then yes, they are reliable. They are 30-40 years old, they WILL break. *BUT* they are also very easy to fix.

yup, What he said!

that LOOKS like a great buy for little money. I would certainly have been snagging that shit!

But I have another car to fall back on, I don't fear breaking down. I love the fact that it is so simple I have a chance of fixing it. And ultimately its all good fun. If you are an On call Dr looking for primary transport, forget it. If you are a normal bloke, not TOO dangerous from the elbows down, then give it a go!