F/S: ZX brake master

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure 79-83zx is 15/16 79-81 being dual reservoir with vertical bolts and the 82/83 being a single reservoir with a lateral pattern.

Pretty sure 79-83zx is 15/16 79-81 being dual reservoir with vertical bolts and the 82/83 being a single reservoir with a lateral pattern.

so this should fit my truck correct???

yup it is :D

ya PP is good

are you going to be at the NWZ show on the 29th josh?

ya, i gotta talk to the ol lady first, might just bring the cash the 29th

It should but I'm not 100%, you might need to trim it down. 2/16th isn't much but it maybe too much to fit without mod.

Would be easy to trim down though, even by hand with paper, just some time I'd say.

ya no worries if i gotta oblong holes lol, or drill new ones.. i got 4x4 pathfinder/hardbody dual piston front calipers so im sure this will help push em a little harder.. lets just hope my rear brakes dont disagree lol.. theres a few people runnin this with stock drums in rear an they dont seem to have too much of a problem tho.

Josh, hate to burst your bubble, but that is the wrong one.:( The early zx master is the one that bolt on with no mods.

However, there is always the chance that this one will work also, but i cant think of anybody that has tried it yet.

I think you'll be fine, there are z folk that upgrade to the 15/16 with stock drums and no probs. I think just with the rear disks is there ever an issue because of the bias.

Should do a write up for other 620 folk :-).

it looks like it'll fit, the bolt holes look the same, altho.. they could be spaced further apark, but then i can just drill new holes cant i?

skib can i get ya to measure the distance between bolt holes...

another possibility, would i be able to swap the whole thing, booster an all? i never looked into that option so i wouldnt know..

Ya the mounting holes can be redone its the bore thats the concern. It's 2/16th fatter the the stock one. Idk how much play there is in the 620's booster.

Know what I mean?

soo what i just gotta oblong the holes possibly? that shouldnt be a problem.. i sure would like some more stopping power.. i got pretty much new brakes all the way around.. mostley anyway cause i did the discs along time ago, but it hasnt really been drivin much.. but the backs are brand new..

Turn/sand down the bore is what I would do. Just hoping there is enough meat.

Idk if it's even needed, the s30 is 7/8 and it takes a 15/16 with no prob. Thats 1/16 larger and seems like it could even take more. Maybe the 620 is the same, and if not maybe it will just need to be taken down a c hair. Just saying it should be kept in mind.

the stock one is pretty small in the 620, i forget what size, but i have a 79 620 m/c in there right now an its bigger then the stock one an it fit right in..

i wonder if the piece that goes into the booster are all the same/similar size.. an its jut the bore inside the m/c thats different.. ? or maybe just the portion beyond the flanges.. it wouldnt really need to be very big on the end cause its behind the valve/piston thingy anyways..

i know some of the 90s sentra / altima / g20 / 300zx mc's are interchangable..

i love mix matching shit.. good thing i dont plan on sellin the truck, the exotic part list is growing an tellin people what all special shit it needs when replaced it can scare em off lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.