Bill's 620 Custom Mini-Truck

ggzilla

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Bill Lizotte's old truck. I haven't seen it since 1978. He was another charter member of SCDP, which SWDP is a "tribute" following today. What issue was that from? I know that I have it, but cann't place it right now.

I figured you'd know of the Bill in the article. It is article "Fire Truck" from Petersen's Complete Book Of Datsun (1977 edition). I have three pages missing from my copy including the beginning of the article. Anybody have the missing pages?

There is two more pic from the page I have:

171d.jpg

171c.jpg

Edited by ggzilla

I am glad that You posted those. I do NOT have that issue.........could You scan and add the cover, please? I'll try to find one.

Dave, Yes, that was the yellow truck on the far left of that photo that I sent You before the flame job. The photo (please keep it's contents confidential for now) I showed You was from 1974.

In the above photos, Bill has re-located His SCDP plaque to the center top of the shell's window. I have never seen it there. He used to run it where the stock Datsun center license plate location is and His license plate was mounted on the driver's side frame rail like Smokin' Joe and My truck, Funtana. The other very similiar truck was the Mini Vini built by Kolor Me Kustom. They had almost identical tricks bodywise done. If I remember correctly, Ron Mangus told Mark, Guy and I last year that He did interiors in both trucks as well as Jim Knight's Undisputed Beauty. By the way, Jim will be at the SWDP Bar-B-Que. I am hoping that Ron will be as well.

I always loved that 620! It was also in the June 77 issue of Truckin' mag. I don't have the mag where your pics came from. Guess I will have to find that issue.

Last time I saw the truck was in Alpine,CA. at the MiniTruck Nats. Was 83 or 84. Anyone know where it is today? Think he was from Beaumont or Lakeview,CA. Brad

677-vi.jpg

Edited by Lordmodelbuilder

Thanks!!! I just bought one of the 1977's and the 1975. Does anyone know if there was a 1976, 1974 and earlier or 1978 and later Datsun editions like these?

Brad, You are going to have to come and see My library when it is finished!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I got My issue yesterday. I must say, ggzilla, that You must have an awesome scanner. I thought those pictures You posted were on the screen the same size as the ones in the magazine. What type of scanner do You have? Would it be compatable to either a laptop or a Dell Dimension home computer?? When I start to REALLY do My scanning I need something like what You have. Once again, thank's for the share on Bill's truck. I never thought about buying those magazines.

PS Want to come to Arizona for about 2 full weeks of photo scanning someday?!?!?!??????

This is going to sound crazy, but I just Googled "bill lizotte" and this came up:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.lizotte

Now compare the face to the photo of Him looking back into the shell from the driver's seat..............

I also noted the Tim Finnigan is one of His friends. Tim is an old magazine editor or photographer.

On the down side, I am not on Facebook.......... Could one of You that is on Facebook contact Him, show Him this thread and tell Him We have been looking for Him (SWDP)?

If He responds, please mention the names Ron Mangus, Steve Vaughan, Dave Bednarczyk, My name (Mike Lepker) and Joe Mollis. Thanks!!

On the down side, I am not on Facebook.......... Could one of You that is on Facebook contact Him, show Him this thread and tell Him We have been looking for Him (SWDP)?

If He responds, please mention the names Ron Mangus, Steve Vaughan, Dave Bednarczyk, My name (Mike Lepker) and Joe Mollis. Thanks!!

Mike, why not just get yourself signed up into facebook? It is super easy too.

Mark's wife was supposed to contact Bill yesterday. I just got home from work so I don't know yet if there was a response.

Like I told Mark.................. Wouldn't it be CRAZY if that person writes back and says: "Yeah, that is Me. Yes, I still have My truck and it is My Mom's garage"!!!!!!! Or something equally incredible like that.

We still need to find Joe Sarracino (Smokin' Joe) who I was told by Ron Mangus is in Florida and also the Mini Vini and it's owner.

The search continues!!!