1964 Datsun L320, soon to be a 12A rotary with 5 speed.

Mini-L320

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys may be better off to put your engines in without the headers and build them around what you have.

Personally, I have never been around a rotory engine to see how the exhaust mounts or even where it mounts. I guess I could go find some pictures and see what comes to mind.

Unless there is a major major issue like the exhaust comes out right into a part of the frame suspension, put the motor where it needs to be and modify the headers after. From the pics, that header looks very simple, measure the length, cut off the flange, get some tubing and make a new one the shape you need. You have to get the engine and trans that you are going to use mounted first so you can route the header/exhaust around what is going to be in there when your done. The length and diameter of the tubing are the important thing and that header looks so simple, buy the pre-bent, cut and weld, You can make it just how you want/need it. Just keep the length of each pipe the same as before you cut it. Or how about some drag-style fender well headers. Just blast it out the well!!!!:eek:

If i just blast the headers out the wheel well with nothing else that would be super duper LOUD!:), not saying that, that is a bad thing but I will get pulled over by every cop that sees me. especially having that on a rotary engine, way to loud. Im just gonna mount everything on the truck and see where that takes me before I costumize the header.

If i just blast the headers out the wheel well with nothing else that would be super duper LOUD!:)

:lol::lol: No No No, You run the REST of your exhaust under the truck. The fenderwells are just for looks.

DSC00073.jpghere is what we are looking at from the inside of the cab, I will need to cut of some of the firewall so that the bellhousing can fit in. after its all put on I will make another custom firewall to cover up the evidence ::rolleyes::D and I also took of the heater as you can see, and I will mount it somewhere else.

i have racing beat headers on mine, my engine is a 13b which is alittle diff, i didnt have any clearence issues with my headers, i did remove my a-arm and shock mount when i bagged it and made a smaller ones but they didnt hit before that either, not sure how good your fab skills are but you could do that and make new arm mounts, if i where you i would just make some new headers to fit, or check out the racing beat website and see if they can send you dimensions of there headers, sorry it took so long to respond

oh and if you cant find bent exhaust tube to make headers with i usually check my local motorcycle fab shop, they always have a bunch of diff bent tubes in all diff sizes for making custom exhaust you can pick up for cheap or if there cool might just give you

I havent worked on the truck lately since it has been raining, but I picked up some nascar looking rims for it. 8 inch wide up front and 10inch wide on back. the tires are really streched out on back. its a 215/50/15 on a 10inch wide rim. looks very nice. I will get some pictures.