L320 parts question

svrd320

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where is a good place to start lookin for l320 parts? ebay of coarse. Im new to the datsun scene. also i want to get the engine running again. it sat for 6 years and doesnt run anymore. ran before it sat though. any info will help!

mmm, 6 year old gas... It may not start but does it do anything? Battery? Fuel? Carb? Spark?

If it turns you should put a cup or so of Marvel Mystery Oil down the plug holes and crank it by hand to avoid scaring the cyl. walls. Put a little in some fresh fuel after that to start it, but remember to change the oil after it has ran for a while. It will soften the seals and clean any deposits that may be blocking oil passages. Thats great stuff but too much too long can be a bad thing.

You can always run the oil pump with the engine off to circulate oil through the motor before running. Pull the dizzy and run the pump drive shaft with a drill.

I see parts all the time for 320's (well not all the time but...) on craigslist.

where is a good place to start lookin for l320 parts? ebay of coarse. Im new to the datsun scene. also i want to get the engine running again. it sat for 6 years and doesnt run anymore. ran before it sat though. any info will help!

I got my 65 L 320 running after it sat for 8 years. Changed the oil,pulled the plugs & poured a bit of 30 weight oil in each cylinder, pulled the valve cover & poured oil over the rockers, turned the motor by hand a few times, drained gas tank & had it cleaned out, new fuel filter, new fuel line,new set of points, & a little starting fluid. It took about 20 tries & it fired up! Napa still carries some basic parts like oil filters & a few gaskets. Keep in mind if you go there & say you have a 66 L 520 [J 13 motor] some of the parts are interchangable. Lots of parts interchangability info. over @ http://www.olddatsunpickuplovers.com/

Lets see some pics too...:D