Pathfinder 4x4 calipers on Beebani brackets?

motavated

Could you use pathfinder 4x4 calipers on Beebani's brackets? I bought some thinking that they were the same as the D21 4x4 ka24 version. Some websites like Rockauto says that both the d21 version 4x4 and the Pathfinder 4x4 versions are the same. But others say no. Well..... Could u use them? I read that lynchfourtwenty used 1988 pathfinders. Thanks!

Edited by Motavated
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The D21 Hardbody and WD-21 Pathfinder are built on the same platform much like the '80s Maxima was built on the 280zx platform. Both shared many suspension, motor and brake parts.

Up to '89 the Z24i powered Hardbody were single piston calipers and no 4X4 used them or the Z24i motor... only the VG. VG ones were dual piston on 2 and 4WD . On the Pathfinder all Z24i and VG were both dual piston. (and all were 4X4) Very likely they were both the same mounting pattern. The KA Pathfinder is quite rare to find.

Edited by datzenmike

Glozano67 from south gate has a Z24 pathfinder. I was like WTF? Where is the VG? Where is the KA? I was sooooo freaked out when I saw it.

Bee told me they are ok to use and so did Lynch... Thanks Mike for your help! Thank you everyone!

Edited by Motavated

I was too going to ask just that!!!!! I didn't ask since I already had my first answer. At the yard there was one VG 2wd Pathfinder next to the 4x4 VG pathfinder. I saw both calipers and I really did not see any differences. But just to be on the safe side I got the 4x4 pathfinder calipers. Maybe the mounting brackets are different?

I was too going to ask just that!!!!! I didn't ask since I already had my first answer. At the yard there was one VG 2wd Pathfinder next to the 4x4 VG pathfinder. I saw both calipers and I really did not see any differences. But just to be on the safe side I got the 4x4 pathfinder calipers. Maybe the mounting brackets are different?

what year of the pathfinder you saw?

Hey motavated, it seems you got your question answered about the brakes . But to confirm that theyll work i had also bought front caliper from a pathfinder , i took the calipers to autozone and compared it to the 4x4 hardbody and they were excatly the same . different part numbers but identical . You wont probably find used front disc from a 2001+ so just buy new for like 30bucks. im gonna be doing the swap in a week or two ill help you if you need it.

Hey motavated, it seems you got your question answered about the brakes . But to confirm that theyll work i had also bought front caliper from a pathfinder , i took the calipers to autozone and compared it to the 4x4 hardbody and they were excatly the same . different part numbers but identical . You wont probably find used front disc from a 2001+ so just buy new for like 30bucks. im gonna be doing the swap in a week or two ill help you if you need it.

Surge TY for the info. Guy ...[fontana620] is also doing the front swap using Beebani's brackets & was wondering if the HB 4x4 calipers would work.

THANKS EVERYONE. I can get rotors for new for 50$ "local pickup" a pair and 65$ a pair name brand ones with shipping. I'll tell you where soon. Peace!

I did find these rebuilt calipers for a pathfinder for 70$ There are complete with brake pads and brackets he said. The reason I passed was that they are in North California. No core required and rebuilt for 70$? That is one awesome deal! Get them while you can. http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/1218062874.html

3nd3o93l4ZZZZZZZZZ96c21dca321571c117a.jpg

Edited by Motavated