RANT- Mass inspection blows! MA=Japan

I am not sure of the laws pertaining to engine swaps, but I think it is prolly ok in MA. They are more conscerned with safety issues.

But if you get into "Special construction" vehicles, you need to have reciepts for every nut and bolt practically. I hear that is a real pain. I am not sure what the line is, but as long as you have a valid title saying it is what it is, I think you can do swaps. I think the idea is if it came with it it has to work, but if it has been replaced with an aftermarket unit cause you couldn't ubtain an original, you should be fine. I hope!

We will see when I someday get my dream 58-60 Datsun and extend the frame and drop a bigger engine in there! THough I may have my uncle in NY register it for me there where it should be a little easier, then 'sell' it back to me. I hear that makes it easier in some instances.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you need to find some correct sized bullet casings and fill them ratsun style, rtv and stuff them in, pass the inspection, do what you will with them. That seems way worse than the japan Jci inspection, my subaru passed with rusted quarters and no 2nd gear, lol

That is a fun idea tyson! Bullet casings! I've never heard of that. Imagine their expressions when they go to inspect that area again!

m an ficsh, thats shitty. in idaho they dont even need to see the car to register it. you just bring in the papers and they send you a title in the mail. but they are startin to ream us here for registration prices. it used to cost 24.95 to reg the datto. the next time i have to get tags itll cost like 40plus dollars. assholes.

Hey Fisch, think they would pass or fail this one?

IMG_0240.jpg

Just a note, that is NOT my car. Its a buddys Metro, and yes he drives it every day. That just shows how slack SC is.

HA That was a good laugh, thanks! I have Suzuki Swift Gti which is that metro on steroids. Took me 5 years to find one in NEw England that wasn't rusted out!!

I went to college in GA. I know how you southern states are! Some of the shit on the road in GA scared the poop out of me!!

I refuse the ride in that car. The drivers side seat is leaning out a little bit now and there is no floor left under the pedals. I keep telling him that one day hes going to hit a pot hole and have the drivers side front wheel in his lap.

I remember Massachussets.

I remember getting delicious hot Greek sandwiches fondly down at the corner from Raytheon.

Otherwise, I remember Gun Control and My 73 Mustang Fastback getting stolen.

But hey, I have the memory of those sandwiches.:blink::blink: