280Z radiator in a 280ZX?

Want to know if a 280z radiator will fit in my 280ZX. Reason for asking is I can find all kinds of aluminum radiators for good prices for the 240/260/280z, yet only one for the 280ZX. Plus the one for the 280ZX is really expensive.

I read somewhere that the early ones will bolt in, but just want to make sure.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

das280zx that's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. I just saw two new companies for those rads as well via the Fiero radiator thread in the pickup section. But when you go to look up 280ZX they all have nothing. So it's either use a ~$220 unit from the 280z, or spend some ungodly amount for the one Motorsport has.

I have a TIG welder, so I could even weld on new mounts, but just want to know if the overall tank size fits without issue.

Interesting, doing some more research........it seems the 240/260z has a 13 inch tall core, and the later 280z has a 16 inch core. Also looks like the 280zx has a 16 inch high core. Soo the later ones might be a very direct replacement, should be taller than the pic Skib just supplied. Hmmmmm this may just work afterall.

My friend linked me to that too a while back I think it was talked about on hbz. That right there is an amazing deal, let us know.

• 1 month later...

I emailed the guys selling this one and they said that they are made in China by a company called Silla. So it is a mass produced radiator. Interesting that they would make one for old z cars. I am thinking about getting one, they aren't all that expensive.

$233 for the ebay one and free shipping

You have a few options from Summit Racing for that price range. $180-220 and free shipping. Its true that the eBay one just bolts right in though, assuming it has proper clearance on the bottom side.

• 3 years later...