411 question, please?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to buy rubber brake lines for my 411... Will something for a newer Datsun fit? I'm having a tough time finding these.

Thanks!

I assume that you are looking for the front disc brake flex lines. It has been a very long time since I bought any but since they are both Akebono built Lockheed disc brake assemblies, the flex lines for a 1968 vintage 510 should fit. I slipped a tie wrap [with a screw flange, hard to find any more, any tie wrap will do] around the hoses before hooking them back to the springs that suspend them inside the fender and hooked the springs to the tie wraps, in my case through the screw hole. I hate the idea of the steel springs eating through the new hoses. Plastic is tough and cheap, brake hoses aren't.

Edited by MikeRL411
model designation error
  • 4 months later...

Tana had the one over at EDC, but I'm not sure if she still has it. We are still bunting back and forth with the guy's insurance adjusters. They tried to tell me Bluebie was barely worth $1,500. BS! I got more than that in the cylinder head alone. I want the car fixed.

You know of any other bumpers? I also need a windshield.

Tana had the one over at EDC, but I'm not sure if she still has it. We are still bunting back and forth with the guy's insurance adjusters. They tried to tell me Bluebie was barely worth $1,500. BS! I got more than that in the cylinder head alone. I want the car fixed.

If you have receipts for the parts and work done on your car, that total can [note "can", insurers are really stupid sometimes] be added to the low ball book value you are being stiffed with.

Nothing decent, i will keep an eye out.