needle bearings for 320

Helifixer

I hope someone can help. I am rebuilding my 4-speed tranny for my 65 320 truck, and I am having a problem tracking down needle bearings for it. It is a floor shift not a column shift. Any advise would be helpful. :confused:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking to buy brand new bearing because I wouldn't figure anyone would have needle bearings for it just lieing around. they are hard to keep track of as I found out.

I do not have a factory parts manual to ref. to get the parts number, thats why I thought someone here might be able to help.

Like I said earlier I am in Alaska right now, but when I get back to Montana in a couple of weeks I well measure them and give Timken a try. If you are boycotting skf, ]2eDeYe than I can honor that.

factory manuals...

http://www.olddatsuns.com/620tech.htm

A quick check of the 320 manual show only the column shift....so you might check the 520/521 manual for the J13 trans.

# 32219-26760 is the number, but they don't give dimensions. That's for the column shift....if you find the same bearing in the 520 trans....you're pretty safe that it's the same in yours.

To heck with boycotts.....if you can find it anywhere....get it!! :)

A100addict might have an extra trans laying around. He may not have it sorted out yet as to which trans he's using, but I'm betting you could buy pieces off what's left when he does.

I agree, get them where you can. Can't be very picky sometimes with rides this old. :)

SKF are dicks, but they do have a large selection of bearings.

You might have a bearing house near you that can help as well.