Raising my 620

Phirus

Hey guys.

If I get some fancy new long ass air shocks and put them under my truck and pump them up a bit I should gain a bit of clearance, right?

I wanna gain a small amount of height without getting too complicated.

This things not gonna be flying down trails and over jumps, just getting me through the tough spots on my camping trails.

Should the extended shocks give me some lift without causing any problems?

Thanks.

PS. I don't know a damned thing about suspension. So if you use any non common words, please describe what your talking about.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Air shocks would lift front or back. On the front the alignment goes out as you raise it, specially the camber. Not too much but would affect handling on pavement. This isn't too much of a problem when off road camping and when let down returns to normal.

• 3 weeks later...
Now that I'm semi awake...

That would only make a difference in the front end.. unless I get a rear end with independent suspension..

Where the hell do I get an irs?

Dosent the 620 have torsion bars you can adjust??? and you could just raise the rear with air shocks if needed or get some longer shackels

Air shocks would lift front or back. On the front the alignment goes out as you raise it, specially the camber. Not too much but would affect handling on pavement. This isn't too much of a problem when off road camping and when let down returns to normal.

Yup but the alignment goes out with too much lift. Air shocks all round would allow instant off road clearance. When going back on the road just air them down and the alignment is restored. Some old Caddys and Buicks has little 12v compressors for the air ride suspension.

Yup but the alignment goes out with too much lift. Air shocks all round would allow instant off road clearance. When going back on the road just air them down and the alignment is restored. Some old Caddys and Buicks has little 12v compressors for the air ride suspension.

you could use an ac compressor too

You could do a spring over on the rear axle (like on the 4x4 720s) and on the front you could see if they make lift spindles (think opposite of lowering spindles) for the D21 and get some of the upper A arms that someone on here is selling. Youd have better geometry and suspension travel than just jacking up the torsion bars (itll ride like shit and it can be friggin scary if you come into a sharp corner too fast with some nasty bumps... no traction=no turn/control:eek:)

This wouldnt be a cheap method but it would be cool and safe.Set up right you could probably land some sweet jumps.