I need a L1300cc valve cover!

As title say's, I have a 68 510 1300cc, but the dealer that serviced it before I bought it stole the original valve cover. The cover looks the same as the 1600cc cover but obviously has 1300cc on top.

I'm also in need of an oem 68 voltage regulator and headlight relay.

Willing to pay top dollar for the valve cover.

Let me know what you got.

Thanks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

it's only worth what somebody is willing to pay... looks like it's at about 11k now. i would never pay that much even if i had the money just cause all i ever hear is how much of a pain in the ass it is to drive rhd in america. it's not safe either imo.

pretty neat car tho.

Are you kidding? It's a RHD Bluebird from Japan?!? It's worth twice that easy.

Big deal, it's not like it's a coupe we never got, it's a regular 4 door. The only cool things about it are the cluster and valve cover. RHD means what now....they are every where now.....now a sss would be worth something.

That particular combo of parts never came here. You guys up north got the drum brake/L13/3spd standard cars. We never did, so they are quite rare and valuable down here.

And I agree, I wouldn't spend more than $10K unless it was a Coupe, or at least a SSS. But I know many people would, so that's why I say it's worth that. Not to me, but to someone. You kinda made it sound like you think that it shouldn't be worth more than $5K to anyone.

That particular combo of parts never came here. You guys up north got the drum brake/L13/3spd standard cars. We never did, so they are quite rare and valuable down here.

And I agree, I wouldn't spend more than $10K unless it was a Coupe, or at least a SSS. But I know many people would, so that's why I say it's worth that. Not to me, but to someone. You kinda made it sound like you think that it shouldn't be worth more than $5K to anyone.

Correct you are, it's worth $100,000 to the man selling it I'm sure, and he is probably thinking he's is giving the car away at that price.

That said, really all that car should be worth is $5000 to anybody. You could fly to japan and probably export one for $5000 and get a nice trip out of it too.

I agree tho, if I had $12,000 of expendable money I'd buy it just for the cluster.

Also, we never got those car here either, the ones that are here were sold through dealers that were desperate, I don't think that was offered here as an option, rather they were plucked from the dock before they could be shipped further down south.

I bet you outside of British Columbia no other province in Canada got a 1300, 3spd, drum all around 510....I'd say a dozen tops got sold here back then.

i've personally never understood the quest for something from the factory that is rare. so it's not everyday you see a 4dr 510 that has drum brakes and a little motor and 3 on the tree... i would much rather have a more common disc brake with an L20 and a five speed. plus i'm gonna do something, even if it's the tiniest thing, to make it stand out from every other car like it. and in the end, no matter what's done to it, it's rare cause my ass is sitting in it. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.