been workin on ol' barnold

so today barnold aka barney aka bleachs old zxt, got some new tires.. nothin special.. some bf goodwrench golds or some crap.. she also got a little bath, i say little because we didnt have real car wash soap so we said fuck it half way through.. anyway as some of u know we had headlight issues a while back.. and well they mysteriously started workin.. however the blinkers have been an off an on issue for a while now but i found the culprit.. it seems to be the hazard switch deal thing i got some pics of it also.. and the hazards dont even fuckin work so im thinkin the whole switch thing is bad.. i've tryed 3 diff blinker/headlight/wipe switches (thanks to bleach for hookin us up with so many spare parts.. honestly bleach is the man.. he hooked anthony UP! big time.. so anyway the left blinker is spastic as hell no idea why.. all the light bulbs are good i made sure of that.. and i cleaned all the connections with some electro cleaner stuff (which also came with the car.. wonder why? hahaha!) but ya i cleaned the fuse block, the connects for the blinker/headlight/wiper switch plus the actual switch itself.. all the fuses are good.. so why the left blinker is spastic i dont know.. after tweakin the hazard switch a bit i did get the blinkers workin except the left is spastic.. so whatever.. all the lights on the outside of the car work so im like fuck it...

however the damn windows wont roll down.. thats for another day.. i will figure it out with time.. also she doesnt talk much, she used to talk alot..

Door is a jar

Ebrake is on

Lights are on ect ect ect...

but now she only says "head lights are on" i guess thats for another day also...

so heres some pics..

barnold002.jpg

barnold003.jpg

barnold004.jpg

barnold005.jpg

barnold006.jpg

barnold007.jpg

barnold012.jpg

heres that switch doohickey type dealy mabob

barnold011.jpg

barnold010.jpg

so yea skibs gettin me the hookup on some gaskets an shit, bleach provided us with some but.. well... they got sat in the back seat an then we folded the seats down so we could store all the extra stuff bleach gave him and the gaskets he provided got bent.. no biggy skibs the man an gettin the hook up..

so next week sometime skibs gonna come over an we're gonna take the intake/exhaust mani off an turbo an waste gate an stuff an replace all the gaskets and waste gate which bleach also kindly provided.. so i will do more updates then :)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mother fucker....

so we had it runnin today several times but the last time when we went to move it back to her spot she ran out of gas.. well we assume she ran out since she was hella low .. well we went an got about 3 gallons of gas an put it in but she wont fuckin start.. the fuel pump comes on, the dash says "OK" the fuel gauge jumps to 40 while the pumps buzzin.. but yet no start.. i tryed to electricute my self my stickin a screw driver in the #1 plug wire but nothing happend.. which is what happend when my dizzy on my truck lost ground.. but we didnt do shit under the hood an from what i can tell the ground is fine.. i checked the coil with key on there is power on the + side key off there is no power.. so i know the coils gettin power.. so idk what really to do, hopefully tomorrow she starts.. i would think the fuel filter is clogged cause it might of sucked up shit from the tank but then why would the fuel gauge bump to 40psi when the pumps buzzin.. so idk wtf is up.. hopefully i figure it out damnit

you have air in the line. look for the shrader valve on the fuel rail unscrew the plasic cover and turn the car to on. when you hear the pump going press the shradder valve in till you get fuel coming out. now start car.

spray some starting fluid into the intake while holding the throttle open. Then crank and see if it fires at all.

That will tell you if its a fuel issue or spark issue. Sometimes that little test will actually fix the problem for some odd reason.

I had something like that happen on my Frontier. Never did find out why.

u know now that i think of it something similar happend to my gf's sentra when she ran it out of gas also.. holding the throttle wide open made it start.. but thats didnt work on the zx.. Skib and i are going to tear into the intake an crap monday (tomorrow) an replace the gaskets an wastegate an such, then we'll take whatever procedures nessecery to get it runnin again.. u know prime the fuel injection stuff ect..

btw skib if u get this before morning time.. u should bring your cam :)

heh i seriously doubt it, do u have a front part already or something?? i wanna clean that wing up an get it on there before canby.. gonna look freakin sweet! think he gunna get it painted gun metal, his boss has a shop an likes to restore "old" cars.. so we'll see how that works out