Sacramento May 2009 Meet! 2nd BBQ/Potluck

WagDatto

http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-states/254010-sacramento-may-2009-meet-2nd-bbq-potluck.html

This will be the second BBQ/Potluck hosted by Kait and myself. The last meet had an amazing turnout and we got to meet a lot of cool people! Check out the photo album if you want to see a few shots of some people that made it: http://www.twistedimages.com/bbqmeet/index.htm

Kait and I are hosting yet another meet, this time at Rusch Park. Same rules apply, no stupidity. This is not only a public area, but also a family event and there will be children around.

Copied from Zilvia's Thread!

When: Sunday, May 31st

Time: 11AM

Where: RUSCH PARK

7801 Auburn Blvd.

Citrus Heights, CA 95610

Rusch

^^LINK

No revving, burnouts, donuts, racing, roasting 1st, dropping 2nd, chirping 3rd, drifting, dragging, or other general nonsense.

Set rules on parking this time around. AKA, you need to be hard parked if you're with the group of cars (for picture taking's sake!) If you don't want your license plate on the internet, remove it or cover it when you get there!

Same general rules apply like before guys. Let's keep this safe, happy and a family event! I (Ka-Kait) will be reserving a spot for us so we WILL have shade this time.

WHO'S BRINGING WHAT

1. WagDatto - cooler(s) of ice/ case of water

2. KA-Kait - Macaroni Salad, Trash Bags, Forks

**ideas on what people could bring. Chips, hogdogs, hamburgers, cookies, soda, ice, paper plates, cups, forks, knives, condiments, tablecloths, salads (fruit, potato, green, macaroni).**

if you have any questions PM myself or WagDatto.

Edited by WagDatto
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TEASER: I'll share the design for the stickers with you guys. Yes, the "club" is kind of meant as a fun joke more than anything. We're "Hella NorCal" and we're not well known for our car scenes. I figured a play on "clubs," "hella," "NorCal" and "BBQ's" was in order, as well as a very simple picture to represent what we stand for. This is what I came up with. It will be a "cut vinyl" so only the colored portion is the sticker (in this case, white). It will be offered in White, Black, Red and Pink. There will be a limited run this time (unless I get blown up about them!), so make sure you guys give me feedback and get them while they're here! After this run is gone, I'll do a Version 2 style!

StickerWhitecopy.jpg

TEASER: I'll share the design for the stickers with you guys. Yes, the "club" is kind of meant as a fun joke more than anything. We're "Hella NorCal" and we're not well known for our car scenes. I figured a play on "clubs," "hella," "NorCal" and "BBQ's" was in order, as well as a very simple picture to represent what we stand for. This is what I came up with. It will be a "cut vinyl" so only the colored portion is the sticker (in this case, white). It will be offered in White, Black, Red and Pink. There will be a limited run this time (unless I get blown up about them!), so make sure you guys give me feedback and get them while they're here! After this run is gone, I'll do a Version 2 style!

StickerWhitecopy.jpg

Wow looks good!

You cant make the letters more squigly? like hella cholo lil mijo shit...

haah, either way it rocks...put me on the list for 2! ;)

I will be attending the bbq as well, im going to be at the freakmont event that same weekend, so im gona be "hella bbq'in it up yo" :lol:

Kelly, I have a "cholo" font, but the problem is the ends of the "squigglies" tend to come off the glass super easy (as I've found with my VRT sticker!). I went with this cuz it's easy to read, fun to look at, and still kinda squiggly.

• 3 weeks later...

This is copied from the Zilvia thread:

The park was finally decided on (blame Kait, not me!).

Hamilton Street Park

LINK

Same rules apply as previously stated. Parking is only allowed in the "hard" variety.

Small word of warning: this neighborhood is connected with a police station. Any bad decisions as far as driving is concerned will be heard by the cops.

For those that are unaware, it takes a decent amount of money to reserve one of these spots in any Sacramento area park. Please, if you guys can spare anything, any donations will go toward this meet and the next. Any extra will go toward food/drink for future meets as well. Donations will be accepted via Paypal or at the meet.

I'll give an update on the vinyls, too. The last of the colors were finally recieved at Lab17, so we're just waiting for them to get cut and sent to me. Should be here in plenty of time for the meet.

I'll see you guys there! If anybody local needs a ride, let me know and we'll make it happen!

I know that I'll be there with my 510, and Kelly will be there in his. Sadly, Chris can't get out of work, so the orange 2 door will remain unseen this day...

It's coming up fast! Anybody who wants to come, feel free to do so! I'll have stickers for sale repping the Hella NorCal BBQ Crew (find them on Zilvia's thread). Bring something with you if you come out, whether it's dogs/burgers, bacon, drinks, ice, potato salad... whatever's clever!

Awesome! The meet IS tomorrow, so gear up and wash your cars. From what it sounds like, it will be James (the510keeper), Kelly (XeroX), me and I guess WagonJon. Not a large Datsun turnout, but we have a TON of people coming from Zilvia and rx7club. Should be a good time, I'll see you tomorrow!

Yes, same time. I'll be showing up around 9 to start setting up and Kait will be there earlier since her house is right across the street. Any time you want to roll out, we'll be there!

For whatever reason, I can't edit my posts... No idea why!

Yeah... Really sorry about that. I swear we didn't know! But it was funny watching the 15 car conga line trying to come in all at once!! Wish I had my camera on-hand for it...

Awesome time, though! Thanks for anybody that showed up, it was great meeting you guys! Thanks to Chef Jose for cookin' up some awesome stuff, and I have to make anybody who didn't have one jealous... but those hot links wrapped in bacon were the BUSINESS!! I'm still feeling my arteries locking up on me... Yum!

The meet wasn't as big as last time, but having everyone set up on the tables in one area was way more fun. Carlos said it first, but I think we all felt the same that this was a way more family-style event. I have 36 pictures, says my photbucket, and they're still uploading, so I'll talk more.

The stickers did awesome today, I got rid of all but one, but that one is spoken for and will be gone tonight or tomorrow. I'll be excited to show you guys the new design I'm working on, though I did give some hints at the meet on what it'll look like. I'll post them up in the new thread.

I'll be making more of the next run, and I'll do repeats of the versions from v.2 on, but if you got one of the 20 O.G. stickers, you're a god among men! Maybe not that awesome, but still fairly awesome. I'm excited to see them cruising around Hella NorCal.

I showed up early with Kait

IMG_1403.jpg

Kait showed up early with me!

IMG_1402.jpg

Kait and I showed up together!

IMG_1400.jpg

I slapped on a sweet sticker!

IMG_1404.jpg

Lab17 is the shit, Andrew Bohan is the man to go to for serious vinyl

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

First of the best

IMG_1407.jpg

Rob's SilEighty

IMG_1408.jpg

Toby's Rising Monster (Mexiflush Monster?)

IMG_1409.jpg

Jaaaaason?'s Silvia

IMG_1410.jpg

(Place saver)'s Seafoam S13

IMG_1411.jpg

Alan's Flattlecan RHD S13

IMG_1412.jpg

(Place saver)'s FC

IMG_1413.jpg

S13

IMG_1414.jpg

Kouki S14

IMG_1415.jpg

Clean Satin Black S13

IMG_1416.jpg

Charger

IMG_1417.jpg

FC

IMG_1418.jpg

MKIV Supra... Targa top FOR THE WIN

IMG_1419.jpg

300ZX.. FUCKER DIDN'T HARDPARK, YOU GET CHAIN TO TEH FAICE!`1

IMG_1422.jpg

S13.. Hardpark or CHAIN IN TEH FAICEZ!1eleven!

IMG_1423.jpg

"I've seen better days" FC

IMG_1424.jpg

Cuz the FWD likes to do it sideways too, they were captured in said act of slidewaysiness

IMG_1425.jpg

S13

IMG_1426.jpg

Butfkr's Pontiac. Your kid's gonna be a soccer maniac!

IMG_1427.jpg

Kelly's Carbon Fiber Attack! 510 4-door. Yoouwannnit?!

IMG_1428.jpg

I swear to christ, no hard park, no nice picture!

IMG_1432.jpg

Wagon Jon's 'Goon. Thanks again for the help and advice! You rock, bruddah!

IMG_1435.jpg

Feel free to PM me if I didn't get your name and you want it listed. I'll start a new thread soon with info about the next meet. HIT IT!

yo had agreat time, to much food, lots of fun stories. Lookin to do this again sometime. Would be cool with more 510ers (you know the old guys, as someone said). Canby is up and coming for 510ers. 240s are cool, but something about old school. For all the people that don't know we are having another Sac. swapmeet car show off Power Inn this will happen late July. So bring it, all you 240 guys should show up to. Bring your fokes so we have someone to talk 2 about the old days with. ight

The next Hella NorCal BBQ Crew sponsored event is planned for August 30'th, though the date isn't hammered down yet. There's a swap meet, like James said, coming up in late July, so keep your eyes peeled!

See ya at the next one!!